T J Auto Spa Steamer Machine with Jay Leno | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

T J Auto Spa Steamer Machine with Jay Leno

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Looks pretty cool. Wonder how much it costs?

I'd be deathly afraid to clean auto paint like he did though with a microfiber.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Looks pretty cool. Wonder how much it costs?

I'd be deathly afraid to clean auto paint like he did though with a microfiber.
I agree, I would not use just steam. You need to rinse off the fine gritty grains of dust, mud and sand first.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Looks cool. The way those vapor steamers are used on a floor I thought he was going to use it that way on the paint. But he was using it on an angle with a gun, not a direct shot and nor was he keeping it on one spot for long. So I think user error could come into play here. He comes from an auto detail background, so I think he knows if it scratches paint or not. Pretty safe used the correct way.

I thought he was going to spray Jay at one point. lol.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Jay looked totally bored.

I didn't mean the steamer would scratch the paint. The microfiber on the other hand scares the bejesus out of me. They hang on to the most minute particles that can potentially cause abrasions. I never wash my car with one for that reason.

That steamer seemed to have a lot of pressure so I'm curious why he didn't use it like a hose to just wash the dirt off. If he had some kind of wide mouth nozzle to create more of a fanned out spray I bet he could 'hose' that car off in no time.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Jay looked totally bored.

I didn't mean the steamer would scratch the paint. The microfiber on the other hand scares the bejesus out of me. They hang on to the most minute particles that can potentially cause abrasions. I never wash my car with one for that reason.

That steamer seemed to have a lot of pressure so I'm curious why he didn't use it like a hose to just wash the dirt off. If he had some kind of wide mouth nozzle to create more of a fanned out spray I bet he could 'hose' that car off in no time.
Jay always looks like that with a lot of his videos. He's funny that way. I think he gets bored with the entire filming process. It's not organic. I am sure there are takes and retakes etc. which to me sounds extremely boring.

I agree the microfiber would or could potentially scratch surfaces. But I think their main selling point on that machine is the environmental aspect. Less water usage and chemicals as well. California is drought country.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Jay always looks like that with a lot of his videos. He's funny that way. I think he gets bored with the entire filming process. It's not organic. I am sure there are takes and retakes etc. which to me sounds extremely boring.

I agree the microfiber would or could potentially scratch surfaces. But I think their main selling point on that machine is the environmental aspect. Less water usage and chemicals as well. California is drought country.
He's got a big brain too so he's probably like, "Hey kid I seen this all before, pickup the pace."

I've never seen his garage before, is that a painting behind them that looks like a train station?

No doubt the angle was water conservation. I still think if it could produce a wide spray it it wouldn't use much more if any water. Plus he's got that thing blasting away as I remember while he's wiping with the microfiber. So if he got rid of the micro fiber step I think he could save more water there too.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I think he was using tap water so the TDS could be high and would leave spots. The microfiber cloth helps to prevent spots by drying and wiping away the soil.

Jay has the garage of garages. He must have so many toys in there. Truly a man cave. lol.

Jun 6, 2017
Real Name
Glen Williams
It has been several years since anyone has been on this thread, but I assure you that there is nothing better for cleaning "Clean" cars then the Optima Steamer(R)

If you are in Southern California and want to try it for yourself just shoot me a message and I will bring one out for you to try!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'd like to try one out.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
It has been several years since anyone has been on this thread, but I assure you that there is nothing better for cleaning "Clean" cars then the Optima Steamer(R)

If you are in Southern California and want to try it for yourself just shoot me a message and I will bring one out for you to try!
why would I clean something clean.
lets talk about cleaning the things that need cleaning and see how your steamer will do.

I'm in LA just say when

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez

We had the optima steamer but ended up selling it and wanted something better. We ended up purchasing a Lamborghini powered steamer called Fortador . Fortador is a steam machine company which the boiler system is made by Lamborghini's ac/heating division. It is diesel powered, has a touchscreen menu system, 16 bar, 200 degree, 2 chemical injection systems, option to have three techs , and comes with a vacuum set to do carpet or upholstery . You can set it to wet vapor steam or dry steam depending on your situation. We use it for clinics, indoor trampoline parks, gyms, kid play areas

VANQUISH AUTO

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
Charles Johnson
I only do auto detailing and just joined this forum to get a better understanding of the carpet cleaning side of detailing. But at one point I did consider this machine for my busines. The single wand version is around $8,000-$9,000. The dual wand is $10,000-$12,000.
They seem well built machines. But I don’t believe in using only steam to detail with. If that’s all you used it might be the machine for you. But for me it was too much money and way too big for my shop.

VANQUISH AUTO

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
Charles Johnson

We had the optima steamer but ended up selling it and wanted something better. We ended up purchasing a Lamborghini powered steamer called Fortador . Fortador is a steam machine company which the boiler system is made by Lamborghini's ac/heating division. It is diesel powered, has a touchscreen menu system, 16 bar, 200 degree, 2 chemical injection systems, option to have three techs , and comes with a vacuum set to do carpet or upholstery . You can set it to wet vapor steam or dry steam depending on your situation. We use it for clinics, indoor trampoline parks, gyms, kid play areas
How is this machine working out for you? We strongly considered this machine for our shop before going with another steamer. But I really liked this model from everything I read about it. I came very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

Reactions: waxman and Sanipro

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez

How is this machine working out for you? We strongly considered this machine for our shop before going with another steamer. But I really liked this model from everything I read about it. I came very close to pulling the trigger on this one.
By far way better. I have the Fortador diesel model. Not the Fortador plus. The only difference that the plus is that they have wet vac but they want to charge 2k extra for it. I paid around 7. The one in the picture is the electric model. Do not get that one. You loose pressure. It comes with dual wand for two guys. Everyone who buys it normally is a detail shop but we use it for cleaning especially indoor trampoline parks. The hose that they provide is only 30. We changed the fittings and bought high temp pressure washer hose with American quick connects. The connections that they have are weird from Europe but we changed them to American. They state that if you get longer hose that you will loose pressure but we never did. It’s a beast. I will take videos next week. If you want to check it out. So far I am happy with it. By far the best steamer out there.

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
I only do auto detailing and just joined this forum to get a better understanding of the carpet cleaning side of detailing. But at one point I did consider this machine for my busines. The single wand version is around $8,000-$9,000. The dual wand is $10,000-$12,000.
They seem well built machines. But I don’t believe in using only steam to detail with. If that’s all you used it might be the machine for you. But for me it was too much money and way too big for my shop.
I got the lowest version and it was only 7. But It is dual wand , the 9 k version is the plus with auto vac but you can hook up a small wet vac and use the steam from the hose . Not worth the extra 2k

Sanipro

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
Yea I’ve noticed if the vehicle is very dirty with dirt , it is not as effective. You need water rinse and scrub first then use the steamer for extra finishing touches .

VANQUISH AUTO

Feb 2, 2018
Real Name
Charles Johnson
Good to hear. The main reason we didn’t go with this one is because of its size. We ended up with a “Vapor Rino 145” it does very well for what we use it for. But I always wondered how the Lamborghini would turn out. I’m glad it does a good job for you.