T J Auto Spa Steamer Machine with Jay Leno

Discussion in 'Auto Detailing Forum' started by CCWorks, Oct 5, 2014.

1. CCWorks

Premium VIP

Jan 3, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 128 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Krall

Premium VIP

Apr 24, 2013
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +8,282 / 15 / -0
    Looks pretty cool. Wonder how much it costs?

I'd be deathly afraid to clean auto paint like he did though with a microfiber.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CCWorks

Premium VIP

Jan 3, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 128 / -0
    I agree, I would not use just steam. You need to rinse off the fine gritty grains of dust, mud and sand first.

4. suncarpet

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Jul 18, 2013
    Male
    Owner operator
    Bakersfield ca
    Ratings:
    +5,858 / 6 / -0
    Like the video. Cool product. Jay Lino just makes it cooler ...

5. Gasoline

Gasoline EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
    Premium VIP

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    PA
    Ratings:
    +6,479 / 29 / -0
    Looks cool. The way those vapor steamers are used on a floor I thought he was going to use it that way on the paint. But he was using it on an angle with a gun, not a direct shot and nor was he keeping it on one spot for long. So I think user error could come into play here. He comes from an auto detail background, so I think he knows if it scratches paint or not. Pretty safe used the correct way.

I thought he was going to spray Jay at one point. lol.

6. Mike Krall

Premium VIP

Apr 24, 2013
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +8,282 / 15 / -0
    Jay looked totally bored.

I didn't mean the steamer would scratch the paint. The microfiber on the other hand scares the bejesus out of me. They hang on to the most minute particles that can potentially cause abrasions. I never wash my car with one for that reason.

That steamer seemed to have a lot of pressure so I'm curious why he didn't use it like a hose to just wash the dirt off. If he had some kind of wide mouth nozzle to create more of a fanned out spray I bet he could 'hose' that car off in no time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Gasoline

Premium VIP

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    PA
    Ratings:
    +6,479 / 29 / -0
    Jay always looks like that with a lot of his videos. He's funny that way. I think he gets bored with the entire filming process. It's not organic. I am sure there are takes and retakes etc. which to me sounds extremely boring.

I agree the microfiber would or could potentially scratch surfaces. But I think their main selling point on that machine is the environmental aspect. Less water usage and chemicals as well. California is drought country.

8. Mike Krall

Premium VIP

Apr 24, 2013
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +8,282 / 15 / -0
    He's got a big brain too so he's probably like, "Hey kid I seen this all before, pickup the pace."

I've never seen his garage before, is that a painting behind them that looks like a train station?

No doubt the angle was water conservation. I still think if it could produce a wide spray it it wouldn't use much more if any water. Plus he's got that thing blasting away as I remember while he's wiping with the microfiber. So if he got rid of the micro fiber step I think he could save more water there too.

9. Gasoline

Premium VIP

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    PA
    Ratings:
    +6,479 / 29 / -0
    I think he was using tap water so the TDS could be high and would leave spots. The microfiber cloth helps to prevent spots by drying and wiping away the soil.

Jay has the garage of garages. He must have so many toys in there. Truly a man cave. lol.

10. Glen at PSi Products

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It has been several years since anyone has been on this thread, but I assure you that there is nothing better for cleaning "Clean" cars then the Optima Steamer(R)

If you are in Southern California and want to try it for yourself just shoot me a message and I will bring one out for you to try!

11. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +26,262 / 83 / -0
    I'd like to try one out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +7,747 / 42 / -0
    why would I clean something clean.
    lets talk about cleaning the things that need cleaning and see how your steamer will do.

I'm in LA just say when

13. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +7,747 / 42 / -0
  14. Sanipro

Sanipro New Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

We had the optima steamer but ended up selling it and wanted something better. We ended up purchasing a Lamborghini powered steamer called Fortador . Fortador is a steam machine company which the boiler system is made by Lamborghini's ac/heating division. It is diesel powered, has a touchscreen menu system, 16 bar, 200 degree, 2 chemical injection systems, option to have three techs , and comes with a vacuum set to do carpet or upholstery . You can set it to wet vapor steam or dry steam depending on your situation. We use it for clinics, indoor trampoline parks, gyms, kid play areas