SX12 and Turbo force COBRA nozzle size question

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The SX-12 uses a 0502 stainless steel VeeJet. It should be replaced every 6 to 12 months depending upon how much use your tool gets. This is the jet the tool comes with as standard. there is no need to change the jet unless it has become worn.

Reactions: Johnnbg

Johnnbg

Jul 30, 2017
Real Name
John Winters
Thank you Scott !. does it not matter how much flow and and what rate the SX12 becomes ?... i am just a little cautious that if the flow is too high or the pressure could put pressure on the Pump which is delivering the water .

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Those jets will work from about 700 PSI to as much as 2500 PSI and as high as 5 Gallons per minute. With-in this range water pressure or volume will not damage the tool. No need to change jets.

You should still check the integrity of the grout. If it is weak or cracked it can still be blown out by high pressure. On some jobs you just need to turn down the pressure for the sake of the grout.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Those jets will work from about 700 PSI to as much as 2500 PSI and as high as 5 Gallons per minute. With-in this range water pressure or volume will not damage the tool. No need to change jets.

You should still check the integrity of the grout. If it is weak or cracked it can still be blown out by high pressure. On some jobs you just need to turn down the pressure for the sake of the grout.

High Scott,

Question on the jets

How do you feel about ceramic jets?
Would they be worth the conversion?

What are your thoughts?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
High Scott,

Question on the jets

How do you feel about ceramic jets?
Would they be worth the conversion?

What are your thoughts?
Thank you very much for that answer sir..

but my worry is the strain on the pump supplying the water not on the SX12

thank you John

I do not know enough about ceramic jets or that specific pump to answer either question. You may want to talk to the manufacturer of the pump.

What I do hear from my mechanic friends is that pumps only put out what they are capable of putting out. The tool attached does not really influence the performance of the pump but the pump influences the performance of the tool that you attach.