CONTEST - Swivel Wand contest - ends 10/6/16 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CONTEST Swivel Wand contest - ends 10/6/16

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have a demo Dang Pro swivel wand (500.00 value) in our TMF school that I am replacing with a new one. I want to give it away to a TMF member. Here is the contest. Name 5 spots you come across and how you remove them. Best answer determined by @Todd the Cleaner , Jason @1ST CHOICE CLEANING and myself wins. Winner will be chosen nest Thursday and the wand will ship out next Friday! The two runner ups will get a container of Groutmaster (50.00 value). Good luck!

Rules;

Name any 5 spots and how you remove them
May enter as much as you like
You must enter a reply in this thread
Rules subject to change but probably won't :)
Shipping is included
US only

spot cleaning.jpg

Reactions: Jose Holguin

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Gum = Remove excess with bone scraper and apply a little Pros Choice Pro-solve gel; agitate and then scrub with the wand= gone.

Fingernail polish= Turn the heat up on the TM and scrub to warm up the enamel. Chemspec POG on a rag and apply to spot while gently pulling on the fiber. Apply more heat from the TM and success. (most of the time). :)

Koolaid= Pros Choice Red-1 let dwell; scrub with wand. Reapply, let dwell, scrub again with wand. If that doesn't work, apply Red-1 liberally to a towel, lay over spot and apply iron. Look for dye transfer and repeat until stain is gone.

Dog poo= To determine if it is dog poo; follow the "order of operations" Touch first. If it feels like dog poo, then smell. If it smells like dog poo then taste. If it tastes like dog poo; it probably is. Whatever you do ; don't step in it !! Just go set up the machine; spray a little general spotter on the spot, let dwell and clean as normal. Remember; if you miss one of the steps; you will need to start over.

Toner= Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Then vacuum again. Apply an encapsulation detergent and let dwell. Rinse with cold water. If the stain is still there; apply Pros Choice Red-1 liberally to a rag and lay over the spot and apply an iron. Repeat until stain is gone.

I have officially given away all my secrets ! Your welcome. :)

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Paint overspray is damn easy with Goof off poured on a cleaning towel. Rub it in , smells bad but removed it so... Easy.

Gum on commercial carpet comes off in seconds with acetone and a tad of agitation. Of course undiluted citrus solvent and a scraper does good too

What else do you want ??? Lol

That is only one Tontito, need 4 more
Hold up man , shit

Oops , I thought sh*t would censor itself haha

Kool aid I can remove without an iron or steamer
Use my cheater hose to drench a clean towel with hot water and lightly spray red 1 , blot , repeat , boom
Sometimes it doesn't work so the iron man comes out to play.

This be #3 lol

Most inks refer back to the goof off #4

Post spotting of dark spots or areas , filtration soil remover will knock it out of the park.
Spray kick it and rinse it gone #5

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: admin

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
Much of the useful things I've learned have been from this forum so a lot of this is regurgitation from from various other posts.

Mystery spots - If I don't know what it is and the customer doesn't have an idea, I give the spot a quick rub with a Fels-Naptha bar and extract. It's very effective and quick.

Wax - If it doesn't steam out with a wand or is up against the wall, I use the wall paper steamer. I rinse after but I'm not even sure it that's necessary.

Blood/Coffee/Poo - All of these come out the same way. I spray with Prozyme. Sometimes the whole carpet, sometimes I spray just the spots and use a different pre-spray for the rest. I scrub carpets with brush pro and let the enzymes feed. After extraction, if there's still stain, I mist with Stain Magic.

Paint Drips - Lots of ways to approach this but my favorite and very cost effective approach is to rub clear pipe cleaner on the spots. It breaks down paint really quickly and is ready to rinse.

Filteration Lines - I use a mini pump sprayer to put down Grout Master. I scrub with a brush (but am getting ready to demo the accessory that attaches to the brush pro that scrubs the edge right up to the wall.

I'm looking forward to following this thread and always looking for a better way. My spot kit is small but gets most of what I run into. Mainly it has Fels-Naphtha bar, Red Relief, Stain Magic, Pro-Solve, Power Gel, Clear Pipe Cleaner and Whink rust remover.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

gr4474

Oct 2, 2011
LOUISIANA
www.bluecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Greg Rodie
Business Location
United States
#1. Yellow Pet urine- Soak area with acid based Urine Pre Conditioner and Deo, flush with water claw until water clears, pre-spray carpet cleaner/deo and clean like normal, then deo. If yellow stain is still visible, then mist USR.
#2. Ink, oil or certain stains that don't come out with normal clean- Apply spotter, scrub and clean/rinse with wand.
#3. Red dye stain- pre-treat area with Red Relief. Use steamer, check every 20-30 seconds as red fades. Sometimes it wants to turn brown if over treated, so watch that and stop even if still red.
#4. Gum or candy- apply POG/acetone, scrub with gum getter until gone or loose. May need to re-apply POG. Rinse/clean with wand. (May need to follow up with spotter, but rarely)
#5. Coffee- Pre-spray and clean like normal, then spray with Stain Majic, and let it dwell. Supposed to rinse when stain is gone, but if it's still there after the job, honestly I'll just leave it.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Gum = Remove excess with bone scraper and apply a little Pros Choice Pro-solve gel; agitate and then scrub with the wand= gone.

Fingernail polish= Turn the heat up on the TM and scrub to warm up the enamel. Chemspec POG on a rag and apply to spot while gently pulling on the fiber. Apply more heat from the TM and success. (most of the time). :)

Koolaid= Pros Choice Red-1 let dwell; scrub with wand. Reapply, let dwell, scrub again with wand. If that doesn't work, apply Red-1 liberally to a towel, lay over spot and apply iron. Look for dye transfer and repeat until stain is gone.

Dog poo= To determine if it is dog poo; follow the "order of operations" Touch first. If it feels like dog poo, then smell. If it smells like dog poo then taste. If it tastes like dog poo; it probably is. Whatever you do ; don't step in it !! Just go set up the machine; spray a little general spotter on the spot, let dwell and clean as normal. Remember; if you miss one of the steps; you will need to start over.

Toner= Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Then vacuum again. Apply an encapsulation detergent and let dwell. Rinse with cold water. If the stain is still there; apply Pros Choice Red-1 liberally to a rag and lay over the spot and apply an iron. Repeat until stain is gone.

I have officially given away all my secrets ! Your welcome. :)
I just go with if it looks like dog poo it is and go from there. If you wanta touch and taste it knock yourself out. I'll still get the poo out and won't have a bad taste in my mouth afterwards. :poop:

Reactions: Justin Arndt

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
# 1
Normal food stains are power spayed with high alkaline prespray of the day 95- 100 % success rate .
Bubble gum ...I use max temperature to steam over it and I use a paper towel to pinch it up the get it up. The remainder is spayed with a peroxide spoter and a cotten towel to wipe hard the remainder off .
PET STAINS ... I use pet zone in a qt trigger bottle most of the time unless it is beyond belief then I use a pump sprayer .
# 4
red stains ... red relief but im using
_Red X It first .
Above frightening upholstery stains ... heavy duty soil liter chemspec and Flex with citrus laced together on top of cotton shampoo by chemspec .Water rinsed clean , cotton towel hand dried .

Jpais

Feb 5, 2012
Texas
Real Name
Joseph Pais
Business Location
United States
1.) Food (Taco Bell Grande And Fire Sauce Mixed With A Taco 12 Pack) -- Protein Spotter / Pure O2
2.) Drink (I Told My Kids Not To Drink Juice In Here) - Red Zone Ready
3.) Urine (Little Dog Terrorists With Parental Sympathizers) Peroxide Based Spotter
4.) Grease (The Work Boot I Don't Know How That Got There) Degreaser
5.) Vomit (I Promise My Kid's Not Sick) Peroxide Based Spotter and A Little This and A Little That

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Ok, if I can just remember some of the stuff I've done recently it ought to about cover it.

1. Dog blood and feces mixed. First treat with Matrix Bottom line and lightly agitate to break up deposits. Thoroughly extracted which removed almost all traces accept a small amount of blood in one spot. Post treated remaining blood with Matrix Bad Dog (peroxide). Result was complete removal of stains.
2. Wine Stain on nylon carpet. Applied Matrix ASR to stain and allowed to dwell. Result was complete removal of all stains.
3. Unknown mystery stain. First tried to figure out at least the general category this stain might fall under and what could possibly remove it. Is it a synthetic stain or organic? Could a solvent remove it? Could a general spotter remove it? Could an oxidizer or reducer help it? The stain had some kind of synthetic dye in it, but did not respond to any solvents or other spotters I tried. I used something from CTI's stain removal guide that I just happened to remember. I used Pro Solv Gel which immediately broke up the substance, but I was not able to rinse it out. I applied Pros Choice Power Gel and agitated. It instantly emulsified the stain and I just needed to extract. Result, complete removal of an otherwise seemingly impossible stain.
4. Extreme food and beverage spills of unknown type. Again I tried to categorize them. Were there any synthetic dyes present or is this all organic? These were on car seats and headliner that were extremely stained. I used Core products Unbelievable for food, beverage, and protein stains on all the upholstery staining followed by regular cleaning. I'm sure a lot of other stain removers could have worked in this situation, but this one fit the bill so perfectly and knocked out about 90% of the staining. I also used Bonnet Pros Encap spotter on some of the staining and mixied some encap with peroxide for some. Result after a lot of work was complete removal of a lot of stains.
5. Hard water stains on olefin berber carpet from water leak in basement. First extracted the entire area with an acid rinse. Then applied Spartan browning treatment ( citric acid) to the area with a pump up sprayer and post bonnet area. Result was complete removal of water mark.

I could probably think of more, but this is all I can come up with off the top of my head. :)

Surface Spa

Sep 16, 2016
Real Name
Phil Benincasa Jr.
I have a demo Dang Pro swivel wand (500.00 value) in our TMF school that I am replacing with a new one. I want to give it away to a TMF member. Here is the contest. Name 5 spots you come across and how you remove them. Best answer determined by @Todd the Cleaner , Jason @1ST CHOICE CLEANING and myself wins. Winner will be chosen nest Thursday and the wand will ship out next Friday! The two runner ups will get a container of Groutmaster (50.00 value). Good luck!

Rules;

Name any 5 spots and how you remove them
May enter as much as you like
You must enter a reply in this thread
Rules subject to change but probably won't :)
Shipping is included
US only

View attachment 67364
Break out your spotting kit.
1) Coffee- Tannin remover (acidic acid, neutral lubricant).
2) Blood- Hydrogen peroxide, & ammonia
3) Gum- P.O.G
4) Rust- erusticator (rust remover)
5) Wine- white vinegar, tannin remover
Use either a bone spatula,nylon brush , or horse hair. Depends on material
Follow up with Matrix complete rinise/ extraction..

Klean dry

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Sean rael
bleach spots- bleach neutralizer, mixed red and blue. may need a bit yellow

kool aid - new lines dead red. i use a bucket with hot water from my truck mount to heat the bottle before treatment. usually stain dissapears before im done pre spraying if yellow remains treat with stain free/stain 1

ink- first treat fibers around area with stain free/stain 1 then treat area with all solv extreme rinse and done

urine- serum cu treat let dwell 1 hr sub floor extract rinse with hwe

coffee- rinse area the treat with stain free/stain 1

Attachments

Approved Carpet Care

Nov 2, 2012
Thousand Oaks, California
www.approvedcarpetcare.com
Real Name
David Glaze
5 most common.
1. The mystery reoccurring black spot
I explain to the customer that the spot isn't "coming back" rather it never went away. It's a sticky residue on the carpet that keeps collecting soil. Other cleaner got soil off sticky but not sticky off carpet. Solution: pre spray, rug rake, rotovac, fels on most spots, citrus on real bad ones. The explanation wows as much as the removal.

2. The soapy spot. The spot where Susie home owner unloaded with a half of bottle of her favorite over the counter spotter. Usually the original stain surrounded by a bigger spot of residue and soil. Solution: acid rinse, flush, sprinkle deformed, give customer one of your private label spotters with some tips on how to use.

3. Pet urine spot. Hopefully customer just blotted with clean towel and called me. Sometimes full of vinegar (google) other times a jug or 2 of natures miracle followed by a scrubbing that you swear must have been mechanical. Solution: follow proper protocol depending on type of Urine, distance traveled and type of carpet. Followed by an explanation to the customer that the giant fuzzy distortion is her handy work (usually I point this out before I start).

4. The discoloration spot. Now this one can be tricky and bite you if you don't do your walk around and ask about problematic spots and what the customer has used on these spots BEFORE you get there. Various Spots treated with who knows what, when you risen, darkness comes out, so does color from carpet, and you are blamed for bleaching the carpet. Solution: proper walk thru procedure and explanation to your customer. Then call Johnny Bravo to dye them back

5. last but not least. My favorite spot. "The one that the other cleaners couldn't get out" The spot that the customer says, "don't even worry about it" and you ask if you can give it a shot, no charge. You go the extra mile, you recall everything you have learned on TMF, you may even take a picture and share with your commrads on TMF, mayday mayday, houston we have a problem, your fellow rug suckers come to the rescue, well most of them, leave room for the guy that always l post something dumb and irrelevant. But then you jump into action with precise chemistry and equipment because you invested in a steamer or a proper sporting kit Then you say ma'am I tried all that I could but that spot is there to stay OR! You let her walk in and say "wow! You got that stain out, how did you do it!" Collect you money, your tip, and your 5 star review.