Switching to a HE unit | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Switching to a HE unit

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
I've only ever ran propane external heat but I am currently installing a 370SS. I love the heat that the little giant heaters put out but seriously becoming a pain in the neck to get kids at the gas stations to fill my van, this summer we had a van that got stuck with the safety valve open and was leaking until it ran dry......yeah fire dept got called and everything. That and the pilot light blowing out on occasion was enough to drive me to try out a HE unit. That being said what should I know about cleaning with the 370? How to get it up to temp and keep it there all that fun stuff. Thanks

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Turn key and go to work .
Simple as that .
Never look back .

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Make sure it bypasses into the tank if wand is left sitting too long. In winter don’t let it freeze. Run cold water through at the end of each job or it could rust. Otherwise, it should be trouble free.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
the ss370 is a wonderful machine (my opinion based on 3 years of ownership) Runs hot (super hot on mine) do regular check ups especially oil, once rings break in oil consumption goes down, lubricate blower on last job, lubricate vacuum/diverter valve, frequent pump oil changes, You can use 30 non detergent oil Napa has it. slow warm up, slow cool down.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You may not get the same heat but for ease of use and especially if you have a tech running HX is the best option.

Propane for us is 2 blocks away 24/7 and $2.19 a gallon so we run both TM and heater on it and it makes sense for us...

If propane was a pain to get I would switch.

Kerosene here is even more of a pain than a gas station you have to go into wal mart and haul cans of it out, biggest size is only 1-2 gal.. sometimes you may only have a few cans on the shelf.

We fill 40 gallons of propane at a time.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Yes it won't have as high a heat but it will be easier to use.