Surging idle | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Surging idle

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
Ok so i have a prochem everest 650hp efi I'm having a similar issue under a load the rpms start to surge hear and there like a misfire but at an idle the rpms will drop and then start to diesel on me until i go out there and raise the idle that will normalize the rpms so i can bring it back to a low idle any idea what this could be .. i did change the fuel filter and cleaned all the spark plugs and cap ,rotor i was leaning towards the heat exchangers i never cleaned them before and i have about 4500 hrs

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
Hey Ara I did try replacing the fuel filter but no change in the performance. i just took the heater exchanges out for the first time in 4100 hrs wow were these things caked up pretty good with black soot

Reactions: Joe cool

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Which motor is in the TM ?
Surging is usually a bad fuel filter do you have multiple filters ?
Keep us updated if and when you get it ironed out .

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I run chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner once a month get it at Costco or walmart put it in your fuel tank

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
i tried changing the fuel filter with no difference in the performance... but here's the problem it will run fine at my shop but once its under a load it starts acting up i have the prochem everest efi nissan motor TM

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
yes its running much better the surging was due to a faulty idle switch i replaced it and all is good but never the less those exchanges definitely needed a cleaning my water is getting much hotter and im getting more vacuum pressure

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
yes its running much better the surging was due to a faulty idle switch i replaced it and all is good but never the less those exchanges definitely needed a cleaning my water is getting much hotter and im getting more vacuum pressure
Good job I'm glad you figured it out. And it's definitely good you cleaned out those heat exchangers.