Surging idle | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Surging idle

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
Ok so i have a prochem everest 650hp efi I'm having a similar issue under a load the rpms start to surge hear and there like a misfire but at an idle the rpms will drop and then start to diesel on me until i go out there and raise the idle that will normalize the rpms so i can bring it back to a low idle any idea what this could be .. i did change the fuel filter and cleaned all the spark plugs and cap ,rotor i was leaning towards the heat exchangers i never cleaned them before and i have about 4500 hrs

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
Hey Ara I did try replacing the fuel filter but no change in the performance. i just took the heater exchanges out for the first time in 4100 hrs wow were these things caked up pretty good with black soot

Reactions: Joe cool

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Which motor is in the TM ?
Surging is usually a bad fuel filter do you have multiple filters ?
Keep us updated if and when you get it ironed out .

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I run chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner once a month get it at Costco or walmart put it in your fuel tank

Eddie clean

Dec 13, 2019
Real Name
Eddie gorman
i tried changing the fuel filter with no difference in the performance... but here's the problem it will run fine at my shop but once its under a load it starts acting up i have the prochem everest efi nissan motor TM