Super Low Pile CGD | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Super Low Pile CGD

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
It feels almost like theres no carpet there!

Does anybody have experience with super low feeling CGD and how it might clean up?

Thank you in advance.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
It feels almost like theres no carpet there!

Does anybody have experience with super low feeling CGD and how it might clean up?

Thank you in advance.

What tools do you have? Cgd is pretty easy to clean up, throw your heavy cleaners at it if its heavily soiled. You can rinse at high psi without the worry of over wetting, the backing is bonded with usually rubber or rubber/fiber combo. Either way its pretty bullet proof so go crazy. Bonus points for following up with a bonnet or white pad.

Reactions: Select

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
What tools do you have? Cgd is pretty easy to clean up, throw your heavy cleaners at it if its heavily soiled. You can rinse at high psi without the worry of over wetting, the backing is bonded with usually rubber or rubber/fiber combo. Either way its pretty bullet proof so go crazy. Bonus points for following up with a bonnet or white pad.
You make it sound like this job will go great!

Now I'm skeptical LOL :)

Seriously, thank you. I imagine you could actually be spot on about the rubber/fiber backing.

Generally with CGD overwetting and/or wicking is a concern so I might turn pressure down a little and stay mindful of dry strokes.

Is typical CGD not rubber/fiber is that the difference if that makes sense?

Also, Alkaline or Acid side here? For some reason I want to make sure I complicate this one enough!

Thank you in advance I always appreciate you guys.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
For that I would probably use a high ph prespray, test an area to see if I need agitation. If you agitate and it's still a problem or is cleaning unevenly sometimes you need to clean with the grain on all the tiles. Huge pain but sometimes it makes all the difference on final looks.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You make it sound like this job will go great!

Now I'm skeptical LOL :)

Seriously, thank you. I imagine you could actually be spot on about the rubber/fiber backing.

Generally with CGD overwetting and/or wicking is a concern so I might turn pressure down a little and stay mindful of dry strokes.

Is typical CGD not rubber/fiber is that the difference if that makes sense?

Also, Alkaline or Acid side here? For some reason I want to make sure I complicate this one enough!

Thank you in advance I always appreciate you guys.
Lookin like carpet tile to me. Maybe not glassbak or rubber. But will be infused similar. Very durable and will take what you throw at it.
Shaw has one not as tough as rubber. Because they laminate the pile to a vinyl back "ECO-WORX". Unlike the old rubber where the fibers are woven into the rubber. Still pretty resilient to your cleaning. Almost always nylon too. Which is a plus.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Standard carpet tile
Just hammered and crushed like normal

Strongest prespray you have
Boosted with sodium perc
And maybe some grout master
High ph is key here
Depending on your pricing and how fast you are
And what u got Truckmount/Porty etc
Scrub in prespray with 175 and a blue / green pad
Should look clean when scrubbed
Then extract - 1/2 wand width overlap
Use a rinse like flex ice-don’t do extra dry strokes
Bingo!!!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
This looks like its a tiled carpet.

For me, and my opinion its best to use VLM as HWE has a difficult time giving good results. Its the solid backing that makes extraction on a really soiled or browning or wicking carpet. Best way ive gone in cleaning with is using pressure washing and hanging tile to dry and reinsert.