Suicide and Blood clean-up advise!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Suicide and Blood clean-up advise!!

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
Working with a house cleaning company to try and cleanup a house to resell, one of the cleaners said the lady killed herself and there's blood on the carpet!!
Anyone have one of these and what did you do?!

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
I thought these scenes were cleaned by crime scene techs?

David G.

Aug 30, 2013
Real Name
David Gibson
Business Location
United States
first try peroxide for the blood, If that doesnt work I would move to NOVEL rust removal....

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
So Cleanthread you advise walking away?

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
So Cleanthread you advise walking away?

Yes, if you don't know how to manage this site properly. As well as, leave the job in a safe and clean environment for next occupant. Advice them to find someone with this training. Suicide clean up is like a 3D job site. You must clean all areas, even if it looks clean. Its not hard work, just extremely through. Imagine working in a 3'X3' square at a time all day. I walked from my first, because I didn't feel O had enough training. Some times that is the best service you can do for your customer.

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
It pays good, but the real satisfaction is helping the grieved come home into an environment that is safe and their emotional health as well.

Reactions: Dueymon

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
It's a house thats up for resale, not sure when the accident happened or many details for that matter.
Was contacted by a friend who has a cleaning company to clean all the carpeting, and was just told about this today!

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
I dont know Jeff, listen to your gut in this one man. Its gonna be one of those jobs where when your done, you might say, "I should have never dine this job".

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
It's not that big of a deal as long as you protect yourself (hazmat onesie , gloves, mask etc..) and most of all, charge through the roof.
The price will dictate if its a go...
A couple of hours , sweating yer balls off in a onesie and a respirator and you'll be glad you charged extra.
Shouldn't need much more than 2% peroxide (bring tons) and rinsing for the blood.
It'll go away and then start to wick back.
Give it plenty of time to wick before re checking the spots.
It'll suck horribly if you think you got it all , wrap up the truck and have some of it come back.
Back as an employee, I did some really bad murder-suicides , suicides and attempted suicides.
A lot of death scenes called for blood removal as well.
Just remember:... If you don't eat it, breath it or touch it...it isn't harmful.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Working with a house cleaning company to try and cleanup a house to resell, one of the cleaners said the lady killed herself and there's blood on the carpet!!
Anyone have one of these and what did you do?!

I have done a clean up from an elderly man who fell. It was a small area. But if you are talking anything more than a small spot you might want to walk unless you have the proper training to protect yourself from the hazard especially if you don't even know how long the blood may have been sitting and allowing any hazard inside to multiply

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I have done a clean up from an elderly man who fell. It was a small area. But if you are talking anything more than a small spot you might want to walk unless you have the proper training to protect yourself from the hazard especially if you don't even know how long the blood may have been sitting and allowing any hazard inside to multiply

Also from the way you describe the situation it sounds like no one is overly concerned with the hazard which to me is doesn't seem very good.