Suggestions on how to clean this laminate floor. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Suggestions on how to clean this laminate floor.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Carlos Raimundi
Any suggestions on how to clean this laminate wood floor ?

It's a dentist office I currently clean but I would like to demo and clean a small part of the office to see if they interested in doing all the place ...

I was thinking on using on using SQUEAKY Jon-don have this I heard it was really good for wood and laminate cleaning.

And then agitated with my op and a read pad

If you have any better understanding in this floor any suggestions will be more then appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have cleaned floors that look identical to that. They are in several of my janitorial accounts. You can use your OP machine with weights and a microfiber bonnet. Use whatever cleaner you want. The key is to use very little water. Just enough to clean and keep the pad cool. I dont think using a red or white pad scrubs any better in this case.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Carlos Raimundi
I have cleaned floors that look identical to that. They are in several of my janitorial accounts. You can use your OP machine with weights and a microfiber bonnet. Use whatever cleaner you want. The key is to use very little water. Just enough to clean and keep the pad cool. I dont think using a red or white pad scrubs any better in this case.

hey thank you for the reply ... i was thing the same but sadly i only have a easy motion thats like a oreck orbiter 13'' and they dont have much weight on them that why i was thing on using a read pad plus the laminate have some texture in it so the dirt its really inside the texture ... also i was thinking on using my 175 17'' but this office are to small in some places that machines won't do much ... is any good wood cleaner that i can use stead the squeaky ? or any regular degreaser like simple green ? i also have a grease hawg by vac away not sure if i can use that in wood .

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I would use a medium strength degreaser . But I've never tried a more specialized laminate cleaner. The red pad wouldn't hurt it, I just don't think it gets down into the grains. They are a pain. With my vibe I still end up with dirty edges that I have to scrub by hand.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I do these as well , I wet the bonnet and put neutral floor cleaner in a pump up sprayer ,, spray scrub with bonnet slap on a dry one to dry it

Reactions: ColoradoCleaner
Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Carlos Raimundi
I do these as well , I wet the bonnet and put neutral floor cleaner in a pump up sprayer ,, spray scrub with bonnet slap on a dry one to dry it
thank you for the tip i will give this a shot and see how it goes hopefully i get the job or impress the client .... whats the price range to clean a floor like this by the sqft?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I would estimate by the hour. I try to end up above $75 per hr. Just depends on your market and how busy you are. It is hard to charge a lot if the customer is there and sees you clean it with your oreck, but if you sell it right you can do ok. They are usually surprised how all the grains in the floor come clean.

Oct 15, 2016
Real Name
Carlos Raimundi
I would estimate by the hour. I try to end up above $75 per hr. Just depends on your market and how busy you are. It is hard to charge a lot if the customer is there and sees you clean it with your oreck, but if you sell it right you can do ok. They are usually surprised how all the grains in the floor come clean.

I know about the oreck I don't feel great about it that's why I'm buying the orbot vibe but even buy this in the future I will come back again with the oreck since the place is long but really narrow not space for a proper cleaning with a 17" ... $75 hr that's what I usually charge for any service different from janitorial or house cleaning .. people usually not in the office but that's no the important par I really want to do a great job they trust me on any decision that I make in their place and that's why I really want a good result . Thank you for the tip and taking your time .

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: dekeil

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I would use a neutral floor cleaner, not a degreaser. Squeeky works well. So does Hydro-Force Wood Fresh.

A cotton or microfiber (2nd choice) bonnet under your machine rather than the red pad.

Limited amount of water. Clean and rinse with distilled water for better results with no residue left behind.

Reactions: Carlos Raimundi

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
thank you for the tip i will give this a shot and see how it goes hopefully i get the job or impress the client .... whats the price range to clean a floor like this by the sqft?
you have to make money so you have to charge to make money if I show up and do a normal kitchen its 100 bucks no matter how small it is..

Reactions: Carlos Raimundi

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
I clean an office type environment for a children's therapy business. They have laminate wood flooring all throughout except for one small bathroom which is ceramic tile. Initially I cleaned the bathroom with a typical spinner wand, but they have me back every two weeks to do a cleaning. I use the oreck Orbiter with 13" bonnet pad and the squeeky wood floor cleaner from jondon. This works really well, you do not want to spray too much down, I just give the floors a light mist and go over them with the bonnet (too much cleaner will cause excess suds/slurry) I have a microfiber mop just in case this happens to wipe it up. About every 2-3 months I go over the bathroom with ceramic tile with the spinner wand just to keep that clean, but typically I go over everything including the ceramic tile with the bonnet pad and squeeky cleaner. It's a good 2000 sq ft space that I clean, and takes me 2hrs to complete, I charge $200 and they are more than happy to pay that. No complaints.

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
IMG_20200718_133814.jpg
IMG_20200718_133831.jpg

I clean an office type environment for a children's therapy business. They have laminate wood flooring all throughout except for one small bathroom which is ceramic tile. Initially I cleaned the bathroom with a typical spinner wand, but they have me back every two weeks to do a cleaning. I use the oreck Orbiter with 13" bonnet pad and the squeeky wood floor cleaner from jondon. This works really well, you do not want to spray too much down, I just give the floors a light mist and go over them with the bonnet (too much cleaner will cause excess suds/slurry) I have a microfiber mop just in case this happens to wipe it up. About every 2-3 months I go over the bathroom with ceramic tile with the spinner wand just to keep that clean, but typically I go over everything including the ceramic tile with the bonnet pad and squeeky cleaner. It's a good 2000 sq ft space that I clean, and takes me 2hrs to complete, I charge $200 and they are more than happy to pay that. No complaints.