Suggestion for HCP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 10, 2016
Real Name
Bolo
Tell me what you ladies and gentleman think about this.

I want to warn some of you i suck at punctuation and all that mess but I'll try my best..

So i just recently got the house call pro online booking app and realized an issue that in can run into, that is someone booking a 8 area job that most likely will take 2 of my 3 slots of the day.

I believe House call pro defaults to 1 hour of time it takes to do the job but I can easily change that manually when I have down time.

But i was thinking how cool it would be to have a little box where you can adjust the prices but somewhere in that section to add the time it would take.

For example it takes me about 2-3 hours to finish 4 rooms this includes setting up and breaking down.

I would put 45 mins a room though it usually takes less time i add the vacuuming, set up and breakdown
8 rooms would take 6 hours according to my estimate so Every time a customer adds a room, it will automatically put in the labor time you estimated and block the next slot available so that someone else won't be able to book while you are busy at work.

What do you think

manbearpig

Mar 17, 2017
Real Name
Mike Pollock
I’m going to be setting up online booking. I guess being able to adjust the time frame according to the job size would be nice. Does it really take 6 hours for 8 rooms?

Aug 10, 2016
Real Name
Bolo
For me it does I believe most people can do it in 2-3 hours

Aug 10, 2016
Real Name
Bolo
I vacuum, prespay, agitate with a machine and extract slowly so that my dry times are not so long

I use the rotovac portable machine (the dual 2 stage)

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Tell me what you ladies and gentleman think about this.

I want to warn some of you i suck at punctuation and all that mess but I'll try my best..

So i just recently got the house call pro online booking app and realized an issue that in can run into, that is someone booking a 8 area job that most likely will take 2 of my 3 slots of the day.

I believe House call pro defaults to 1 hour of time it takes to do the job but I can easily change that manually when I have down time.

But i was thinking how cool it would be to have a little box where you can adjust the prices but somewhere in that section to add the time it would take.

For example it takes me about 2-3 hours to finish 4 rooms this includes setting up and breaking down.

I would put 45 mins a room though it usually takes less time i add the vacuuming, set up and breakdown
8 rooms would take 6 hours according to my estimate so Every time a customer adds a room, it will automatically put in the labor time you estimated and block the next slot available so that someone else won't be able to book while you are busy at work.

What do you think
This is something we've thought about.... a per unit increment of time addition. It will be something coming down the line. For now if someone books you for 8 rooms, go into your calendar and adjust the start and end times to lengthen it to the right time. This way it will block your other openings so you don't get double booked!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Good luck with online booking. HCP is great but...

if I get 3 red flags when talking to a customer Im not doing that job

you'll have no filter for the weirdos and believe me when they book you and you tell them you cant do it that day or dont want the job for whatever reason.. get ready to see your company bashed on yelp or other review sites

happened to us twice

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Good luck with online booking. HCP is great but...

if I get 3 red flags when talking to a customer Im not doing that job

you'll have no filter for the weirdos and believe me when they book you and you tell them you cant do it that day or dont want the job for whatever reason.. get ready to see your company bashed on yelp or other review sites

happened to us twice
We see Online Bookings taking off exponentially, it's almost like a wall it's growing so fast. This is something that will only become more and more necessary for businesses if they want to compete and grow. We invite all of our Pros along for the ride ;)

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We see Online Bookings taking off exponentially, it's almost like a wall it's growing so fast. This is something that will only become more and more necessary for businesses if they want to compete and grow. We invite all of our Pros along for the ride ;)
its just too complicated for carpet cleaning, there are way too many questions that need to be asked which cant be.

you would think a business as simple as carpet cleaning it should be easy but its not.

we had it active, not house call but a different online booking software, ended up getting booked all over town and it destroyed our routes... techs were pissed, customers were pissed

had a mentally unstable customer book one, house full of urine so bad you could smell it from the front porch... she didnt even check off pet treatments and left a comment "just do the best you can" we showed up to do the job, told her we cant service her home due to the condition and she wigged out.

Stuff like that you can see from a mile away if you talk to the customer before they book

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
It can be done but imo the HCP online booking system needs work and a lot more features.

It absolutely NEEDS google map integration so customers can only book if its close proximity to where that truck/tech is that day.

otherwise it will never work for anyone operating in a big city

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
its just too complicated for carpet cleaning, there are way too many questions that need to be asked which cant be.

you would think a business as simple as carpet cleaning it should be easy but its not.

we had it active, not house call but a different online booking software, ended up getting booked all over town and it destroyed our routes... techs were pissed, customers were pissed

had a mentally unstable customer book one, house full of urine so bad you could smell it from the front porch... she didnt even check off pet treatments and left a comment "just do the best you can" we showed up to do the job, told her we cant service her home due to the condition and she wigged out.

Stuff like that you can see from a mile away if you talk to the customer before they book
Actually, Carpet Cleaning is one of the easier categories to nail.

Our Instabook pilot goes live in San Diego and Los Angeles beginning of next month.

It's not about getting the perfect price, or the perfect time, with the perfect technician. It's about NOT LOSING the customer to window shopping and competitors.

We're definitely NOT perfect yet, but it's much better to have a job, then have it go to a competitor to fuel their coffers/warchest.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Actually, Carpet Cleaning is one of the easier categories to nail.

Our Instabook pilot goes live in San Diego and Los Angeles beginning of next month.

It's not about getting the perfect price, or the perfect time, with the perfect technician. It's about NOT LOSING the customer to window shopping and competitors.

We're definitely NOT perfect yet, but it's much better to have a job, then have it go to a competitor to fuel their coffers/warchest.
what changes have you made with the instabook? how is it different than the current online booking?

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
what changes have you made with the instabook? how is it different than the current online booking?
A user selects a zip code, and then # of rooms (up to 200 sq ft), and then books into your calendar based upon your service radius. All upsells/crosssells happen after.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
the idea of online booking sounds horrible too me. but then again i have almost zero internet presence which is also fine

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
pretty cool. With the current online booking that is available now, can I set only an AM slot to be booked online and only on days when nothing else is already booked in that spot for that tech? @rolandal

I tried before and somehow we were getting booked when a tech was already booked so it was doubling us up.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
pretty cool. With the current online booking that is available now, can I set only an AM slot to be booked online and only on days when nothing else is already booked in that spot for that tech? @rolandal

I tried before and somehow we were getting booked when a tech was already booked so it was doubling us up.
Right now the Online Booking is configured to look at all open slots for all technicians that are turned on for online booking. You can't currently setup each tech on a different schedule (that will come in the future). My suggestion is if you are worried about double bookings, just only enable one technician to be booked - your customers will pick convenience of online scheduling OVER calling 10 other companies :ROFLMAO:

Aug 10, 2016
Real Name
Bolo
It absolutely NEEDS google map integration so customers can only book if its close proximity to where that truck/tech is that day.

otherwise it will never work for anyone operating in a big city
Yea i was wondering if something like that would be a good idea as well but wasn't sure how much it mattered or not since it's only me and I'm not too busy at the moment

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall

Right now the Online Booking is configured to look at all open slots for all technicians that are turned on for online booking. You can't currently setup each tech on a different schedule (that will come in the future). My suggestion is if you are worried about double bookings, just only enable one technician to be booked - your customers will pick convenience of online scheduling OVER calling 10 other companies
Still doesn't work as we are still booked up a little ways out.

Without being able to set bookable time slots it's just not feasible..

Even leaving one tech to be bookable he could still get hit with a 3pm that someone sneaks in when we are too busy or not near that location.

I like that your putting thought into making it better but as of now I can't see how it's even useable.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States

I agree, I love HCP and love cutting edge technologies... but I have not been able to bring myself to use online booking for all the reasons you mentioned.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
Still doesn't work as we are still booked up a little ways out.

Without being able to set bookable time slots it's just not feasible..

Even leaving one tech to be bookable he could still get hit with a 3pm that someone sneaks in when we are too busy or not near that location.

I like that your putting thought into making it better but as of now I can't see how it's even useable.
You can simply set availability to not allow same day bookings, or next day, or 3 days out, our 1 week out. This way nothing can "sneak in".

You can also setup your own booking windows.

rolandal

Mar 13, 2015
Real Name
Roland Ligtenberg
I agree, I love HCP and love cutting edge technologies... but I have not been able to bring myself to use online booking for all the reasons you mentioned.
On average our Carpet Cleaners that use Online Booking get an EXTRA 7.3 jobs. Multiply that by your average job ticket (Average HCP Carpet Cleaner job ticket: $255), that's an EXTRA ~$2,000.

So by not using it right now, you might be leaving money/jobs on the floor that are now going to your competitors. If you want, I'd be happy to chat with it over the phone, just call my personal cell: 650-450-2400 - online booking is taking off and want to make sure all our Pros are on the bleeding edge (and crushing their local competition).

Latest posts