Sucking Up Post Contruction Slurry / Dust With A TM Spinner | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sucking Up Post Contruction Slurry / Dust With A TM Spinner

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
www.instantsteamclean.com
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
There's a laundry mat that wants me to send a truck with a spinner today - they have a bunch of dust - slurry (I think it may be from the plumbers) etc on the floor. Besides clogging up filters is it possible this would stick to the walls of my vac hose? Anybody every use a spinner for this?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

skooli

Oct 12, 2011
NV
Real Name
Jimmie
Business Location
United States
I would shop vac the bulk dust up first with a bag filter in the vacuum. To clean out your hoses vac up a few wet rags through them at then end.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
I just sent the guys over to the laundry mat with a porty - a water hog & a spinner so I didn't gunk up my good hose or TM filters - worked good - customer called and is happy and I was able to use cheapo 1.5" hose! :D

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
There's a laundry mat that wants me to send a truck with a spinner today - they have a bunch of dust - slurry (I think it may be from the plumbers) etc on the floor. Besides clogging up filters is it possible this would stick to the walls of my vac hose? Anybody every use a spinner for this?
I guess it depends on what you are running?

I had to remove a layer of mud from a huge basement after construction, hose run was 250 feet.

I removed the filter and just filled my waste tank up with mud!

Spinner took care of it fine, but that was with a TM, high heat and great flowing pressure.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I guess it depends on what you are running?

I had to remove a layer of mud from a huge basement after construction, hose run was 250 feet.

I removed the filter and just filled my waste tank up with mud!

Spinner took care of it fine, but that was with a TM, high heat and great flowing pressure.

Jim Ellis

Apr 1, 2013
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Real Name
Jim Ellis
Business Location
United States
Just glad I sent a porty - the laundry mat was loaded with mud - the guys ran a 175 and the ran a spinner right behind it - the porty almost keeled over and died but it was better then running all the crap through one of my TM's. It was ran a 2.2 gpm & 1000psi and did the job.

Reactions: shane deubell