Succesful cleaners!!!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Succesful cleaners!!!!!

Daniel -Luxu

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
Hi every body im on the tough road to success and just would like to see if anyone in this community can help out with a some pointers on getting more clients I know my marketing is off somewhere because Im not receiving enough jobs. Im berly getting by with the jobs I have. I have a wife and three kids that depend on me and I refuse to lose especially when I love what I do. but i need some help This is my first year in business and have 3 years experience in the industry

** what I do to get jobs right now are

-17 inch jumbo door hangers only high end neighborhoods- Ive passed out a thousand with no calls yet
-craigslist----fair amount of average paying jobs ((not high paying customers))
-going in to local mom and pop shops((get a few jobs this way))
-warm calling

planning on
-upselling protector
-bni
-leaving marketing displays in dental offices, vets ,any high end area waiting room

the organic cleaner

Apr 16, 2014
California and Central Texas
Real Name
Glenn Stewart
Hi every body im on the tough road to success and just would like to see if anyone in this community can help out with a some pointers on getting more clients I know my marketing is off somewhere because Im not receiving enough jobs. Im berly getting by with the jobs I have. I have a wife and three kids that depend on me and I refuse to lose especially when I love what I do. but i need some help This is my first year in business and have 3 years experience in the industry

-17 inch jumbo door hangers only high end neighborhoods- Ive passed out a thousand with no calls yet
-warm calling

planning on
-upselling protector
-bni
-leaving marketing displays in dental offices, vets ,any high end area waiting room
Sorry to hear your having it tough. Tell us a little more about You, your training, your equipment and your qualifications. So we know you clean carpet. What else can you clean?

Daniel -Luxu

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
im located in orange county
i do carpet cleaning strip and wax and do know a little of stone care polishing and honing

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Get a website and facebook page. Get the website listed on google places and get 5 reviews. After that you will show up in searches for your area assuming you have good keywords on your website

Use facebook to get friends in your area and post promos and pics of your work

Yard signs

Does your van have a good signage? Park it in a visable area on sundays

Make friends with local contractors and get them work. They will return the favor

Make some realtor friends

Reactions: Daniel -Luxu

Daniel -Luxu

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
the contractors sounds really good how do I find them and how do I find jobs for them relationship building is something I really like
its free with more returns and no investment

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
the contractors sounds really good how do I find them and how do I find jobs for them relationship building is something I really like
its free with more returns and no investment
Its a slow process - my wife has a painting biz for faux finishes, murals interior design color consultations etc. we work the contractor connections there a lot. Started by finding people that did work for us. Electricians carpenters, arborers etc. just kept our ears open for people asking for good contractors. Recommended these guys and then they knew it came from us. Afrer a few months, she would get a call from someone saying she was recommended by the contractor. Didnt even have to ask.

Also as you get jobs you will meet contractors. Strike up a conversation. Ask them hows business. Ask them what are the type of jobs they like to get. Listen. Ask for some cards and tell them you have customers that are looking for good contractors.

Dont push cards on them just see how they respond.

Look them up on facebook. If they have a business page be sure to follow it.

Just keep your eyes/ears open, take every opportunity to meet people and ask about them. Dont worry about telling them about you. People that end up being good referal sources will ask you about your biz

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

-warm calling

planning on
-upselling protector
-bni
There are tons of threads on marketing and growing your business here on the forum but it is a matter of finding them and seeing if they will work for you. One problem is many do not want to post what is working for them as this is an open forum and anyone can read what they say including local guys that are not members.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
internet , internet , internet!
Rank you google maps page to the first page and have a nice website attached to it.,Then get reviews.

Reactions: Barry C

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
im located in orange county
i do carpet cleaning strip and wax and do know a little of stone care polishing and honing
As in California?
My gawd, skys the limit.

Start with making a list of 20 things you can do.
1. website
2. facebook
3. yelp hello
4.adwords
5. etc

Then decide on a budget of hours/$$ you can spend every month forever.

Start scratching things off the list until you narrow it down....

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
Everyone I meet the conversation always turns to what I do for a living, then lookout, MR. SALESMAN comes out as do a few business cards. Since your not as busy, put on some shorts and a nice polo and hit some restaurants, small businesses, LOCAL REAL ESTATE agencies, etc...
Check and see if your area has a Facebook sales page, get on it, and most importantly, amaze the clients you have so they become cheerleaders for you and get you business!!

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
Bni groups. Hit up vets offices.

Daniel -Luxu

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
yeah southern California

yelp started charging me 300 a month to be on the first page but would not recommend my 4 reviews I got and got no work from it $900 down the drain
my seo started at $300 a month after for 4 months he told me $500 a month would be the way to actually get calls ((buncha bull))
lost money on adwords no calls either

im down to the brim plus my own living expenses
jeeeeeez

I know no jobs are promised right away but what do you guys do right now to get jobs

thanks to everybody's advice I really appreciate it

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Do your own SEO

Don't pay Yelp anything as you have no reviews showing so it's pointless.

Pay to have more pictures and control on Yelp which is like $30 a month

Run a Yelp deal Something like $99 for $110 of work

Run ads on Craigs List

Pass out business cards to everyone and anyone you run into.

When you have down time go to the grocery market, introduce yourself to everyone out there and pass them your card. Tell who you are and what you do nd to give you a call if the next time they need their carpets cleaned.

Consider joining a networking group

Make a Facebook business page

Make a Google business listing

Read all you can on TMF

Daniel -Luxu

Jun 22, 2015
Real Name
Daniel
but you know what my experience with yelp adwords seo were bad but maybe I didn't know how to use it the right way because many use it and have success with it

May 23, 2013
Real Name
James Marsh
I secound network groups. Sounds like you have the time. Not all network groups are created equal. If you have a chamber of commerce that's active join and go to the meetings. After a couple weeks see if there office have carpet and clean it for free.

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
yeah southern California

yelp started charging me 300 a month to be on the first page but would not recommend my 4 reviews I got and got no work from it $900 down the drain
my seo started at $300 a month after for 4 months he told me $500 a month would be the way to actually get calls ((buncha bull))
lost money on adwords no calls either

im down to the brim plus my own living expenses
jeeeeeez

I know no jobs are promised right away but what do you guys do right now to get jobs

thanks to everybody's advice I really appreciate it

I keep seeing the words "High End"

Maybe it's time to market to the rest of the population?

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Everyone I meet the conversation always turns to what I do for a living, then lookout, MR. SALESMAN comes out as do a few business cards. Since your not as busy, put on some shorts and a nice polo and hit some restaurants, small businesses, LOCAL REAL ESTATE agencies, etc...
Check and see if your area has a Facebook sales page, get on it, and most importantly, amaze the clients you have so they become cheerleaders for you and get you business!!
Jeff makes a lot of good points here, Daniel. Remember that selling is an ongoing process, not an event. So you need to dedicate time and effort to it. This concept alone will put you ahead of 95% of your so-called competition! :) For example, HERE is how I built my company...

Steve

PS The suggestions on reaching out to rel estate agents are dead-on. HERE is how to contact agents... for free! And once you have "broken through" to an agent HERE is how to get all their cleaning referrals. Best wishes!

Reactions: quaunn.suggs

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I second "time to market to the rest of the population."