STUBBORN!!! spot

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I have a spot that I have gotten personell with over a long period time.

It is in the rental office of a property I service.
CGD extremely thin stuff.
One spot, and I know it is the same one , I can not remove , and have it not return.

Cleaned with my OP , numerous times. Using good chems, and a variety of absorbant bonnets.
Glads. different microfiber, John's new ironman, John's wool pro etc.

One large area (bigger than a basketball) , and yes, I am sure it is not a new spot, continually resoils .

I tried Rick G's method of not wetting the spot, but dragging the solution onto it from adjacent areas.

If I am there for other work I have cleaned the place as a courtesy just to see if i could remedy this one spot , without success.
Have hand toweled it while there, only to have it return.

Thoughts?
Thanks, Rick

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
No, I have stuck with the VLM on this carpet. It is almost like concrete, the carpet is so thin. & I usually have serviced it while they are still there., not needing to stay after hours.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Probably cola or something syrup. That keeps wicking and attracting soil on you. Sounds as if carpet is shot too. Maybe it is what it is you know. Cant beat them all. It may even be in the adhesive and or concrete under the carpeting. This shows how deep spills can go. And can cause one alot of grief trying the best they can to fix the issue.
e903abdb9408e2e17a5c898d31db8ab1.jpg

Reactions: Scott W

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
The most likely item casing this, "IF" you are able to remove it and "IF" it waits to come back for about a few days to a week (and you should always document where it is by photos before and after and measure from each wall to be sure it is the same area and same spot).
If it fits this, then it is most likely Sugar Based Material and you need to give it a good acid bath, Fab Set, All Fiber Rinse and then extract it after letting it sit on there for 15-30 minutes, it has to re-agent the area. Then flush it out using the same acid rinse. Dry it as much as possible and then cover it with large absorbent cotton towels and weight them down and let it sit for 24 hours.

SAA

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Oh
Probably cola or something syrup. That keeps wicking and attracting soil on you. Sounds as if carpet is shot too. Maybe it is what it is you know. Cant beat them all. It may even be in the adhesive and or concrete under the carpeting. This shows how deep spills can go. And can cause one alot of grief trying the best they can to fix the issue.
e903abdb9408e2e17a5c898d31db8ab1.jpg

Ah yes, I have seen my share of those. Sometimes putting a piece of plastic between the carpet and pad to avoid needing to cut it out.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Oh

Ah yes, I have seen my share of those. Sometimes putting a piece of plastic between the carpet and pad to avoid needing to cut it out.

This was a new install job. I was ripping out when i spotted this bad boy. It showed no signs of cleaning or stain on carpet. So this sucker was waiting lurking for someone to disturb it with moisture. I took pic to show customers of hidden treasures that may spring up during cleaning.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Oh

I like the plastic idea. Mr Todd the cleaner told me about that way back when i joined tmf. That tip came in handy on many occasions

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I like the photo to illustrate the hidden dangers lurking below the surface. Is it OK if I use this photo for educating others?

Thanks Sure no problem anyone can use my pics if they want. I only wish i had pick of carpet to go with it. But i had already thrown it in dumpster before thinking of taking pic.

Bernd

Mar 18, 2015
Real Name
Bernd Scholten
Sure Bernd
Your the vlm guy out of Germany arent you? I remember you. Keeping busy i hope

Yes, i am the one :) . Business is good. Thanks!

Most of my jobs are commercial- CGD on concrete and i try to educate my customers of the posibility of wicking...and this picture shows exactly what i tell them!

Reactions: keep it clean

Kelnic

May 30, 2017
Real Name
Kelvin Gay
Hi guys, came across this kind of stuffs and had a very bad experience with over wetting and also over blotting on certain stains that it become a nightmare for me. Neverthless, it was a learning experience though. Would have my HOS Life machine over CGD anytime.