Strong vs Brushpro vs Brushencap wtf? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Strong vs Brushpro vs Brushencap wtf?

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
I see posts saying that the Strong is made in China or America. Their website says Austria http://strongcarpetcleaningsystems.com/crb-machines/. I have one and we are needing a second machine so I thought I would try to differentiate.

Excellent Supply says they have a Sealed Motor and and Unsealed motor version of either the Brushencap or BrushPro.

We use the Strong in a Rug Wash pit and for Encap and HWE Powerscrub. Is it sealed? Where is it made? Is there really a difference NOW between these machines. Seems like there was a pissing match when these first came our. Now it seems they ALL say made in Austria but vary wildly in price.

Let's throw in the similar Multiwash that feeds solution over the brushes. http://www.powr-flite.com/product/automatic-scrubber-pfmw14.do?intcmp=as_bs. It can be found for as little as $1300

Vendors...please help me decipher.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
There is really no differences between the units. Brush Pros have the edge atm but they are all sealed to point where they can be used in 1-2" of water like in a rug bath.

Reactions: JanitorByNight

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And what does it matter where they are made? Jap cars and iPhones are great. Warranty makes a difference too. Plus customer service. They all offer good warranties and it's a very close competitive market.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
There have been different organizations using the name Strong for counter-rotating brush machines. So, all CRBs with the name "Strong" are not the same.

Brush Pro and Brush Encap machines are made by the same manufacturer in Austria. Some final assembly is done in the USA. These machines are top quality.

The Brush Pro machines are exclusively available through Interlink Supply, Bridgepoint and CRW outlets. Brush Pro is the same basic "body" as the BrushEncap machines. Brush Pro has a more powerful motor which means it bogs down less in heavy pile carpeting. It also is sealed and is approved for use in standing water. The BrushEncap machine is not intended for use in standing water.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I can only speak from the "front desk" end of things, but we see more machines in here with Strong Dry on them than any other CRB machine. I don't, however, know if that's indicative of anything because I don't know how many Strong Dry machines there are in this area versus Brush Pros or Procaps or other models. I do know that getting parts for them becomes difficult at times due to different manufacturers.

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
Excellent supply is telling me they have a sealed Brushencap but it's $3012 so about the same as the 17" Brush Pro.

I figured out the story.

Strong Carpet Cleaning Systems http://strongcarpetcleaningsystems.com/crb-machines/ USED to be a distributor of the China made version made by Strong Industries http://www.strongindustriescorp.com/- DIFFERENT COMPANIES. I have one of the original China made from Strong Carpet Cleaning Systems. This is also what Jon Don still carries but directly from the manufacturer. I have had no issues other than the cart is junk. NOW Strong Carpet Cleaning Systems shows theirs as original Austria made and that they no longer distribute the Chinese version. Not sure if brushes are interchangeable between any of these. Maybe someone else can answer?? The Brush Pro I saw in action definitely FEELS a little more durable. I HAVE used the China version in a wash pit with 1-2 inches of water and survived. Excellent definitely describes the Brushencap and the Brushpro as the same machine, different stickers....not different motors. BUT they DO offer an unsealed motor version.....so maybe that's the one Scott is referring to. It's crazy how much pricing and described sizes varies. Comparing the smaller ones called anything from a 15-17" depending on if they measure the machine or brushes. China-made can be had for $1800, BrushPro and Sealed Brushencap as little as $3000 ...still a BIG price difference.

I'm curious how the Multiwash by Powr-flite works to keep on vans for prespray agitation on carpet and possibly scrubbing dirty tile as well as in tighter spaces for encapping in occupied offices. At closer to $1200 it's definitely the least expensive. Anyone that has one please chime in.

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
I can only speak from the "front desk" end of things, but we see more machines in here with Strong Dry on them than any other CRB machine. I don't, however, know if that's indicative of anything because I don't know how many Strong Dry machines there are in this area versus Brush Pros or Procaps or other models. I do know that getting parts for them becomes difficult at times due to different manufacturers.

I suspect you see more because more are sold at a price point that is 30% less than the Brushpro. Many just don't want to spend the money even if it is a better machine.

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I'm curious how the Multiwash by Powr-flite works to keep on vans for prespray agitation on carpet and possibly scrubbing dirty tile as well as in tighter spaces for encapping in occupied offices. At closer to $1200 it's definitely the least expensive. Anyone that has one please chime in.[/QUOTE]

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I have been using Powerflite's Multiwash for years now. We haven't managed to kill one yet even in shallow wash pits. It goes in almost every house I enter.

The problems I have had with them are...
Paint peeling on the sides.
Plastic cover over the dump tray breaks.
Power cord connection where in plugs in to machine gets worn.
Brushes need replacing after a good year of day to day use.
The older machine (4 years) sounds a little ruff internally. But I don't grease anything in there. I'm not sure if it's required.

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
the dump trays done look that big, how often would you have to empty them. If you were using this just as a crb after encap prespray, does dirt get captured in the trays? I need another CRB and thinking of getting this because it may be able to do some things a normal crb can not...thanks

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
There have been different organizations using the name Strong for counter-rotating brush machines. So, all CRBs with the name "Strong" are not the same.

Brush Pro and Brush Encap machines are made by the same manufacturer in Austria. Some final assembly is done in the USA. These machines are top quality.

The Brush Pro machines are exclusively available through Interlink Supply, Bridgepoint and CRW outlets. Brush Pro is the same basic "body" as the BrushEncap machines. Brush Pro has a more powerful motor which means it bogs down less in heavy pile carpeting. It also is sealed and is approved for use in standing water. The BrushEncap machine is not intended for use in standing water.
I was just informed today by a Brush Pro representative that the 10" Brush Pro is not sealed and is not recommended to be used in a rug pit. Only the 17" and larger models are.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have an older strong dry machine from right when they first came out, its held up great havent had to replace gears yet even though the manfcter recommends it every 14months or so.

We just bought a new strong industries or CRB industries austria made machine. The brushes are the same on both, only difference is the new tile/hard surface brushes are green instead of black

and the cart still sucks, we broke the cart on the first one in about 4months

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have a multiwash. I agitate pre sprays in with it. Works pretty well but I don't have anything to compare it with. On some carpets depending on the brushes I use it has a hard time getting started. Like it could use more power. It doesn't collect debris as well as the others seem to in the videos I've seen. On tile and hard surfaces it scrubs well, but don't expect it to dry the floor. It removes standing water, but leaves a residue.
Overall I like it and use it on every job.

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
try to tilt the multi wash to the left or right a bit when starting it up. That takes the initial friction of the brushes off the gears and once the brushes start moving set it down....just an inch tilt should do the trick.

Reactions: smartcarpetcare

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
Thanks EVDOG, that is good info. Why the heck would they not do that? Oh well.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I was just informed today by a Brush Pro representative that the 10" Brush Pro is not sealed and is not recommended to be used in a rug pit. Only the 17" and larger models are.

correct

Reactions: waxman

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
Thanks EVDOG, that is good info. Why the heck would they not do that? Oh well.
I agree. Kinda pissed me off to hear that as well. One of the reasons why I went out and spent thousands of dollars on the machine. You'd think they'd advertise that better.

Nov 13, 2010
tx
Real Name
Greg Ripley
Business Location
United States
We just added a multiwash to our lineup along with our original strong crb and my experience is the same with startup. I'm guessing it's a safety feature. It does better starting on wet/lubricated carpet. I notice in our limited testing that carpet fuzz and hair tends to collect on top. VS Strong CRB just craps out a cat tail every now an then instead of collecting on top.. I wish the multiwash had the option to remove the center collection drum for carpet agitation. Overall build quality feels good. The retractable wheels are nice and the solution tank is small but nice for traffic lane booster, small encap jobs etc. If I had to choose between a Strong or Brush Pro CRB and Multiwash for HWE prescrub, I'd choose Strong/BrushPro. If I factor in PRICE...give me the Multiwash at half the price. For all around Encap, Tile, Prescrub...Multiwash. Multiwash also has an edge brush which could be a big help on dusty neglected cgd and tile edges.

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
I recently left ONE my renovator (CRB collection tray) in the shop. I put the other one on the back of the machine. I then did about 4500 sf of just halls in a commercial building and oddly I discovered less of those dust bunny cat tail things being spit out...like hardly none at all. The one I had captured a lot of imbedded dirt, even after it was prevacced. Could it be one tray on the rear works better than 1 on front and one on rear? Im going to try it again and see it it was a fluke.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I recently left ONE my renovator (CRB collection tray) in the shop. I put the other one on the back of the machine. I then did about 4500 sf of just halls in a commercial building and oddly I discovered less of those dust bunny cat tail things being spit out...like hardly none at all. The one I had captured a lot of imbedded dirt, even after it was prevacced. Could it be one tray on the rear works better than 1 on front and one on rear? Im going to try it again and see it it was a fluke.
I've tried it a multitude of ways. I think I've wasted my time on a few. I like tray on back so that I can access more areas than with the tray on. Working around furniture doesn't offer as many angles with the trays on. I always prevac but a bunch of times I don't think it's necessary if I use my trays. I still do it but it adds time to the job. Sometimes I start off with one tray cut in the room, then add the front tray for the open areas.

Reactions: Tater