kvh_1fan

Feb 9, 2011
TX
Real Name
Shawn Myers
Business Location
United States
Hey everyone,

We have some schools coming up this summer to strip and wax (lots of square footage). I'm debating whether to buy a stripping brush or not but I've never used one. Have you ever used one? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have stripped many thousands of sq ft with pads on autoscrubbers. Always wanted to try a brush. I have heard good things about them.
It seems like some jobs the wax gums up the pads faster than others. Depends on the wax thickness, stripper, and type. I've always been curious if the brushs gum up or not.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I loved using stripping brushes over pads. This is especially true if the floor is uneven. The bristles of the brush get into any low spots better than a pad. A brush will outlast several hundred pads if you do a lot of stripping.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Just be sure to buy a splash guard. Brushes are great but we still use pads as well. Every floor is different.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The brushes will splash more so you'll want a plash guard. But they will last longer. A lot longer. And I've never had one gum up. Look for the coarsest you can. I recommend the malgrit extra heavy duty stripping brush. I believe it's 46 grit. If you can add weight to your machine they they'll really tear through the finish.

kvh_1fan

Feb 9, 2011
TX
Real Name
Shawn Myers
Business Location
United States
Thanks guys. Have you found that they save you time also?

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I use a brush all of the time for stripping (blue malgrit), I even used my carpet brush a few days ago to hone tumbled marble. Grout and floor came out extra clean!!