Strip and rewax with surgical precision! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Strip and rewax with surgical precision!

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I have a large medical office. There are a few dirt spots that are under the wax. Can I strip and rewax just one room? How would you mark off the room to be able to blend new wax into existing.

whoises1

Dec 30, 2010
203 n wilson ave jefferson, wisconsin
www.amscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Eric Sapp
Business Location
United States
I have a large medical office. There are a few dirt spots that are under the wax. Can I strip and rewax just one room? How would you mark off the room to be able to blend new wax into existing.
Scotch blue painters tape on the floor then towels as a dam in the doorway of the room you are stripping, strip floor make sure you have towels to put your 175 on and to wipe of wheels of your vac and shoes just outside of the doorway. best to do it in the door way that way if there is a line it's where it should be

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Joe Kennedy

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Lay down a rubber backed floor mat right at your blend line and use Gorilla tape to tape the edge so stripper will not run underneath.
The mat allows a place to park the floor machine and wipe your feet too. Peel the tape up as soon as you vac up the dirty stripper. Another trick is to then dry strip the blend line with a new black pad overlapping into the unstripped wax about one tile.

FloorCareMD

Apr 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Mike Craig
Business Location
United States
Also, don't apply all your coats of finish on the exact same line. I apply the first 2 coats right up to the blend line (where the tape was) then apply the third one over your scuffed up line (from the dry strip), overlapping the first two. Then all your next coats, just start them somewhere different but between those lines. This makes it much easier to blend it all in with a hi-speed buffer. Keep those blend line coats of finish thin.

Reactions: Joe Kennedy