admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Has anyone ran into streaking some carpets in the corners or older carpet? I have seen streaks in carpet left by the previous carpet cleaners and couldnt get them out fully. Any ideas?

Had a customer in January this year phoned me and asked if i could call and have a look at her carpet. On arrival she informed me that her carpet was cleaned two weeks ago and when they had finished she could see streaks in the carpet? so she phoned them and the reply was "the carpets were fine when we left". Any way done a burns test and the construction of the fibre was wool then done a ph test show a high degree of alkaline residue left in the carpet. Fired up the truckmount and rinsed with Hydramaster rinse out and bingo as good as new which lead to four referrals.

Reactions: Artie09

VCS

Oct 2, 2007
VA
Real Name
Keith
Had a customer in January this year phoned me and asked if i could call and have a look at her carpet. On arrival she informed me that her carpet was cleaned two weeks ago and when they had finished she could see streaks in the carpet? so she phoned them and the reply was "the carpets were fine when we left". Any way done a burns test and the construction of the fibre was wool then done a ph test show a high degree of alkaline residue left in the carpet. Fired up the truckmount and rinsed with Hydramaster rinse out and bingo as good as new which lead to four referrals.

Good job! But you could have sprayed fabric softner and raked it also.

aguerro

Apr 27, 2008
Mexico
Real Name
Adam Guerro
well what you guys said about the streaks is exactly vorrect. Even I was following the same way in order to remove streks form the carpets. I don't know how to remove the hard streaks from the carpets.