streaking | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

streaking

john P.

Jun 13, 2020
Real Name
John Paepke
1624301325523.jpg

Question: I purchased a new wand , with 2" tube, 5 jets, swivel head. I adjusted all the jets so they are turned the same way for the proper spraying pattern, and did this restaurant and it left major streaking.

I had other jobs that it did the same thing with. so I ran a test on 2 vacant condos , I HWE one with new wand and one with old previous wand, same chemicals and rinses same temps.
New wand still left streaks, old wand left carpet looking great.

any Ideas?
I have cleaned this restaurant many times without issues.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
View attachment 97113
Question: I purchased a new wand , with 2" tube, 5 jets, swivel head. I adjusted all the jets so they are turned the same way for the proper spraying pattern, and did this restaurant and it left major streaking.

I had other jobs that it did the same thing with. so I ran a test on 2 vacant condos , I HWE one with new wand and one with old previous wand, same chemicals and rinses same temps.
New wand still left streaks, old wand left carpet looking great.

any Ideas?
I have cleaned this restaurant many times without issues.
Could be jets are to large for the amount of pressure used. If the spray pattern is narrow then you will get streaking where the jets overlap each other.
Turn the wand over and pull the trigger and see how much is gathering where they over lap it should be very minimal if you can see more of a stream where they meet then the spray is to narrow. You could reduce psi till you get replacements.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
great reply John.

Just to add, attach the old wand, turn it over and observe the spray pattern. Then attach the new wand and observe the spray pattern.

You will have your answer. Adjust as needed

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
looks like dry passes werent done or a vacuum leak on the glide?