Stone restoration

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 13, 2007
Does anyone do partial restorations on stone floors as opposed to a total restoration. I have started to listen to what customers want and adapted what I know to what the customer can afford and have found it to be very successful and profitable. Here are a few examples of partial restorations that I am currently doing. What I am doing is cleaning the stone and grout and then using 5x to polish the floor which does not remove scratches but I'm careful to qualify each job to be sure that I can match the customers expectations.

Attachments

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@toddthecleaner does different levels. I do some light stone myself.

Nov 13, 2007
We will do full restorations but if a customer wants to just have the stone and grout cleaned and I can offer them a better looking floor by doing an 800 grit pass by a 5x polish I will. I usually sell them by doing a small test spot with my Mikita and they are pretty impressed.
Believe it or not realtors selling multimillion dollar homes are referring me to their customers.
The house that I am working on this week is a $2.5 million house that a guy is selling.
The 1st picture I posted is from their 2nd floor balcony.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
We will do full restorations but if a customer wants to just have the stone and grout cleaned and I can offer them a better looking floor by doing an 800 grit pass by a 5x polish I will. I usually sell them by doing a small test spot with my Mikita and they are pretty impressed.
Believe it or not realtors selling multimillion dollar homes are referring me to their customers.
The house that I am working on this week is a $2.5 million house that a guy is selling.
The 1st picture I posted is from their 2nd floor balcony.
Not bad Alan! Do you find a big improvement when you clean the floor and grout first? Many times marble needs to be re grouted! Especially if it’s older, no cleaning is going to bring it back. Here’s another tip many times we would use 220/400 diamonds on one disk. 400 on the outer and 220 inner. 2 birds one stone.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Here is a master bathroom we did last week, he was so impressed we did everything in the home, going back this week to do the shower, because it does not compare to the other work we did.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
really cool, Ive been wondering for a while about offering a light polishing like what janitorial companies do for the higher end buildings.. its not perfect but obviously their cost is low and it keeps the floors looking pretty good as long as you dont take a magnifying glass to them.