Stolen Truck

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 15, 2014
www.cleanstepscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Aaron Newsom
Business Location
United States
Here is a link to the story the local news ran on the theft of my van.
http://via.fox59.com/ms3cI
Some of the items to be on the lookout for is a titanium ergo wand that is marked. It has a star etched in the metal of the handle mount. Also I had a Stanley Steemer stair tool and upholstery tool. Two Drieaz blowers one X2 model and the other a Sahara two stage. Also 90% of the carpet tools were markedly with the #2 on them. From the knee kicker to the tracker. I appreciate everyone of you guys for all of the knowledge you have instilled in me and for anyone who just happens to glance over and look at the van driving by.

Attachments

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I know you may be crying right now and it's OK

I was laughing so hard and so happy when mine was stolen.

I'll keep my eyes open on craigslist and other online places see if a come across something like your rig

so sorry this happened

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Thats it, I'l putting trackers on all my equipment.

Sorry you've got to deal with this. Friend had his trailer stolen, turned up in Spokane, WA. We're in Kalispell, MT.

Jan 15, 2014
www.cleanstepscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Aaron Newsom
Business Location
United States
That Sucks man.
hopefully your insurance cover a new one.
Insurance is definitely trying to fudge me. Telling me they are only going to cover the van only. After 4 years they are telling me I needed a stated insurance policy or and entirely different policy for the unit and equipment. General liability won't step in because it wasn't taken during commission.

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Insurance is definitely trying to fudge me. Telling me they are only going to cover the van only. After 4 years they are telling me I needed a stated insurance policy or and entirely different policy for the unit and equipment. General liability won't step in because it wasn't taken during commission.
You always need additional coverage to cover additional equipment on a truck man. I feel bad for you but... just saying.

How did it get stolen?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Yeah but most vehicles manufactured in the past 20 years have chips in the key which prevents it from starting without a key but Idk I guess it doesn't matter. That's really too bad.
I'm just trying to bring some humor to this thread bro. He lost a lot

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Yeah but most vehicles manufactured in the past 20 years have chips in the key which prevents it from starting without a key but Idk I guess it doesn't matter. That's really too bad.
There's always a way around it. No countermeasure is 100%. Craftiest people in the world are criminals.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Sorry about your loss.

Most slide ins need inland marine, PTO's are usually a small rider on auto policy because it's considered part of the van. I carry insurance on each rig. Loss of use can be affordable too.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I know you may be crying right now and it's OK

I was laughing so hard and so happy when mine was stolen.

I'll keep my eyes open on craigslist and other online places see if a come across something like your rig

so sorry this happened
37 years I have 3 vans full of equipment stolen,,,, the first one I cried and was sick for days, until the insurance paid off

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
37 years I have 3 vans full of equipment stolen,,,, the first one I cried and was sick for days, until the insurance paid off
Damn, I cried when someone broke into our van and stole everything that want bolted down. Insurance covered our stuff also. We also had an alarm installed and parked in our garage after that.

It was just a shock. Thankfully, we knew other carpet cleaners...

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
That sucks. Sorry. I was in home Depot the other day and Milwaukee sells these small tracking devices that epoxy to stuff. Then you track with your phone. Might be a cheaper option for some folks. Hope you find your stuff.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
We've started seeing a rash of thefts here too - oddly enough, it's recently been wiring. They guys are coming out to their equipment to find all the electrical wiring ripped out. The thieves are looking for quick easy-sell stuff like scrap metal.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Im so sorry bro. I honestly hate people that steal go work for your money

Latest posts