Direct Mail EDDM - Stock images for print | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Stock images for print

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
So my new favorite stock image site is ShutterStock.
They have re-done their pricing and when you buy images from them you get to choose ANY size. This is important for print material. Now you can get hi-res print ready images for really cheap!

i was using deposit photos before, but shutter stock has a better selection and now the price is right! If you need an image for your website or print materials I would highly recommend it. I just got 5 new images (all high-res) for $40.

They are definitely in my opinion the best place to get stock images right now when you weigh together the price, quality, and selection.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Great, now you tell me... :mad:

I just found out yesterday! lol
They have both subscription and "pay as you go" plans (credits). Before placing my order for 5 images I did a quick google search for coupon codes and found a 20% off one in about 1.35 seconds that knocked off an extra $10. So be sure to do a search for a coupon code before you order because they are one of those sites that seem to have a bunch of them out there to save a little bit.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
WOW $8 a photo, I sure hope I'm reading something wrong.:eek:

I get all my photos from Bigstock. For $69 you can download 5 images a day, in any size, for 30 days.It works out to $0.46 per photo. No better deal out there !

https://www.bigstockphoto.com/subscribe/?kw=bigstock&gclid=COW-rIvA170CFYN0Ogod2SEAKw
Seems like it is about the same prices if you are doing credits? Looked at a high res image on bigstock's site.. would could 9$ if I paid the 25 credits upfront.
I highly doubt you are on a subscription plan paying 46 cents per image.. I am a graphic designer and I only need an image every here and there.

Thanks for bringing this other site to attention though. Their rates are also good.. maybe sometime if I can't find the right image I can look there as well.
Was that an affiliate link you posted??

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Seems like it is about the same prices if you are doing credits? Looked at a high res image on bigstock's site.. would could 9$ if I paid the 25 credits upfront.
I highly doubt you are on a subscription plan paying 46 cents per image.. I am a graphic designer and I only need an image every here and there.

Thanks for bringing this other site to attention though. Their rates are also good.. maybe sometime if I can't find the right image I can look there as well.
you could pay for a month and download as many as you can for your archive. The problem is, when you need a picture, there is not the right one in your archive and you have to go back and buy some more. lol

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States

Ryan, I had no problem doing the subscription plan , I paid the $69 dollars and downloaded up to 5 photos a day for 30 days, I got pissed at myself when I forgot and missed a day, or only downloaded 2-3 in any day.

Many times I actually downloaded the same photo in several different sizes, each size counts as a download, but sometimes it's best to have a few sizes of the same photo. Their downloads worked quite well, and when I had a question I called their number and even got to talk to a real live person...I highly recommend them.

They seem to have plenty of photos and images to choose from, however I'm not certain how they compare to the others in that regard.

I'm not sure what you mean by an affiliate link?

Last edited:

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
you could pay for a month and download as many as you can for your archive. The problem is, when you need a picture, there is not the right one in your archive and you have to go back and buy some more. lol
That's what I did. I went through and downloaded any photo I though I might use now or in the future for a couple different businesses I had. Near the end of the 30 days I was grasping for new photos, I downloaded photos I may never use, but who knows.

Reactions: Pinosan

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
That's what I did. I went through and downloaded any photo I though I might use now or in the future for a couple different businesses I had. Near the end of the 30 days I was grasping for new photos, I downloaded photos I may never use, but who knows.
If you ever do it again just download the biggest images (HR) then use your software to make smaller copies

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Ryan, I had no problem doing the subscription plan , I paid the $69 dollars and downloaded up to 5 photos a day for 30 days, I got pissed at myself when forget and missed a day, or only download 2-3 in any day.

Many times I actually downloaded the same photo in several different sizes, each size counts as a download, but sometimes it's best to have a few sizes of the same photo. Their downloads worked quite well, and when I had a question I called their number and even got to talk to a real live person...I highly recommend them.

They seem to have plenty of photos and images to choose from, however I'm not certain how they compare to the others in that regard.

I'm not sure what you mean by an affiliate link?
yes it looks like a good site.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
If you ever do it again just download the biggest images (HR) then use your software to make smaller copies
right.. idk why you would need multiple sizes of the same image..
that's just a waste of hard drive space!

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
That's what their customer service advised me to do, but it just got to the point where it I had plenty of photos and It was easier to just download a smaller size and not have to worry about resizing.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
right.. idk why you would need multiple sizes of the same image..
that's just a waste of hard drive space!
Is hard drive space really an issue these days ?.... I think I'm up to using a whopping 8% of mine.

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
Is hard drive space really an issue these days ?.... I think I'm up to using a whopping 8% of mine.
I maxed out a terabyte and recently replaced. So for me, yes it is. For the normal user I'm sure it might not be a problem.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
I maxed out a terabyte and recently replaced. So for me, yes it is. For the normal user I'm sure it might not be a problem.
I kinda figured you used more than most, I doubt I will ever approach using anything close to a terabyte.

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
@ what ... $100 a terabyte ??
Its nuts. Just plain nuts.
Just buy another ... its out of control the sizes availabke.