Steamwwy 900 owner

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Sure with I could talk to him on here. I'm dead set on building this thing. I bought 2 of them with 2 little giant water heaters as well. I'm pretty set I believe in putting 3 new rotovac motors in to replace the 3 old 2 stage vacs it came with. I purchased a new water otter that should couple nicely with it all once its finished. Just wanting to run 100 -125 ft of vac hose and get great drying times...doing 4-5 jobs a day 6-7 days a week is old loading up to the house to use 50 footers...hoping this changes soon...

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Sure with I could talk to him on here. I'm dead set on building this thing. I bought 2 of them with 2 little giant water heaters as well. I'm pretty set I believe in putting 3 new rotovac motors in to replace the 3 old 2 stage vacs it came with. I purchased a new water otter that should couple nicely with it all once its finished. Just wanting to run 100 -125 ft of vac hose and get great drying times...doing 4-5 jobs a day 6-7 days a week is old loading up to the house to use 50 footers...hoping this changes soon...
Two of those vac motors would be fine for what you're trying to accomplishkeep an eye on amp draw unless you're planning on running a generator to

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Just wanted to update everyone on these zx motors...they in fact DO NOT have any stickers or spec label for ametek or Rotovac on them anywhere.

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Its all part of the hussle , ameteks white sticker can be pealed off easy thus hiding their true ID :sneaky:

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
I thought it looked a bit suspect...but the power and lift is definitely there so unclear why other than Brad at rotovac today said it's only because they're proprietary

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
The standard two stage got a slight lift boost lately ... 144" which is quite good , its now 660 airwatts ( the 230v is 700airwatts !) but as u see max airflow is 136cfm .
https://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product%20Bulletin/12248300.pdf

Do rotovac have one that makes their claimed 167cfm ? have they hell ... thats a figure only one stage vac can do imo .

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The standard two stage got a slight lift boost lately ... 144" which is quite good , its now 660 airwatts ( the 230v is 700airwatts !) but as u see max airflow is 136cfm .
https://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Product%20Bulletin/12248300.pdf

Do rotovac have one that makes their claimed 167cfm ? have they hell ... thats a figure only one stage vac can do imo .
Yeah I have to agree ametek is sneaky
Say move parts from here to there and vice versa put a plastic shroud on that one in a metal shroud on that one and call it this that and the other thing

But I have confirmed from a very credible source did they do put out a 167 cfm's

Reactions: DrummerTW

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Yeah I have to agree ametek is sneaky
Say move parts from here to there and vice versa put a plastic shroud on that one in a metal shroud on that one and call it this that and the other thing

But I have confirmed from a very credible source did they do put out a 167 cfm's
if I hove a vac motor that is rated at 14 amps....
and my generator only produces 13.3 amps.....

will the vac motor completely shut down or will it run and just be underpowered??????

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
if I hove a vac motor that is rated at 14 amps....
and my generator only produces 13.3 amps.....

will the vac motor completely shut down or will it run and just be underpowered??????
Well it depends on the type of generator lol

Or traditional alternating generator standard brush contact we'll run that motor with diminished power

But if you have an inverter type it will most likely trip a breaker

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Quick question...I've got this 205v pumptec installed and bolted down completely. I'm curious can I safely wire this with one of the 6.6 zx vacs on 1 cord ? Or do they have to be separate to keep from tripping a breaker

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Quick question...I've got this 205v pumptec installed and bolted down completely. I'm curious can I safely wire this with one of the 6.6 zx vacs on 1 cord ? Or do they have to be separate to keep from tripping a breaker
whats the amp rating on the vac motors????

i am guessing somewhere around 14amp