Steamwwy 900 owner

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jim. I saw a guy that used to be on the forum here had a hyper hippo. That had upgraded his with 3 3 stage vacs. I'm curious as to if 3 6.6s will cause it to implode

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
if amp draw is a consideration you may want to get ahold of Donald at steambrite Supply he has a lower amp 6.6 that may fit the bill perfect

Of course it doesn't perform as well as the LX but you have three vac motors amps have to be a concerned
Screenshot_20190310-212834_Chrome~2.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The hyper hippo must of been before my time on here. For 2 stage look at the 122483-00 it has improved performance over the 122234-18. For single stage look at the LX in series for a great balance of lift and CFM.

Reactions: DrummerTW

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
if amp draw is a consideration you may want to get ahold of Donald at steambrite Supply he has a lower amp 6.6 that may fit the bill perfect

Of course it doesn't perform as well as the LX but you have three vac motors amps have to be a concerned View attachment 83542
You can get the same motor with 3,000 hour brushes less the horn with the 122593-18 as another option.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The hyper hippo must of been before my time on here. For 2 stage look at the 122483-00 it has improved performance over the 122234-18. For single stage look at the LX in series for a great balance of lift and CFM.
I'm just trying to consider him putting it back the way it was with three different motors

But honestly is he just ran to LX he would be way above what he has now

3 LX with require three cords that's a problem at least in my view

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm just trying to consider him putting it back the way it was with three different motors

But honestly is he just ran to LX he would be way above what he has now

3 LX with require three cords that's a problem at least in my view
No need to kick it old school anymore.

Another option is easy new guys
View attachment 83543
Sounds good on paper, but off paper we need more information. They make it sound like each motor is 136" lift and 167 CFM, or that overall lift in series is 20% more IDK...

I'd probably put a 122483-00 behind it anyway lol

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

Sounds good on paper, but off paper we need more information. They make it sound like each motor is 136" lift and 167 CFM, or that overall lift in series is 20% more IDK...

I think I'm going to order two on Monday you know me can't leave anything alone lol

Reactions: J20770

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

My major plan of curiosity is what rotovac is going to put them in the cfx machine is a parallel machine
And I don't have any experience with the Enduro machines so I don't know if they're ran in series or parallel

I know rotovac is always been big on CFM so more than likely they're going to be parallel in their machines

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My major plan of curiosity is what rotovac is going to put them in the cfx machine is a parallel machine
And I don't have any experience with the Enduro machines so I don't know if they're ran in series or parallel

I know rotovac is always been big on CFM so more than likely they're going to be parallel in their machines
Yeah, I'm not interested in high CFM with mediocre lift, doesn't work for high flow cleaning at all.

Reactions: J20770

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yeah, I'm not interested in high CFM with mediocre lift, doesn't work for high flow cleaning at all.
But it works well for their high loss tools mid-flow tools Like a rotovac 360i they never hold lift
So the higher cfm's help them maintain velocity keeping the nozzle cleared

I predict rotovac to do a complete redesign on the CfX allowing it to be put in series bumping up the lift
If they could get it to 200 in with a 180 cfm's I

This is most likely a response to the mytee air hog

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
But it works well for their high loss tools mid-flow tools Like a rotovac 360i they never hold lift
So the higher cfm's help them maintain velocity keeping the nozzle cleared

I predict rotovac to do a complete redesign on the CfX allowing it to be put in series bumping up the lift
If they could get it to 200 in with a 180 cfm's I

This is most likely a response to the mytee air hog
That could be.

I found my home with HVLP, I like it much more than HPLV. Better and faster which is hard to get in the same room most of the time, so to speak lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
That could be.

I found my home with HVLP, I like it much more than HPLV. Better and faster which is hard to get in the same room most of the time, so to speak lol
Well jim everybody would freak out if anybody was to suggest that they don't need 1200 PSI but they do need 4 GPM capability

I personally love the rotovac tool but it's jetting is very poorly laid out
But to even suggest it might cause a lynching

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
This is the inside..I like the sound of the rotovac peice and claims. Just concerned with imploding the fiberglass shell with 3 of them

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
This is the inside..I like the sound of the rotovac peice and claims. Just concerned with imploding the fiberglass shell with 3 of themView attachment 83546
Well fiberglass is actually pretty tough
I would go with 2 to start out

your current setup is 3 vacuum motors in series which probably gives you fairly high lift

Whether you go with two LX motors or to rotovac ZX motors it will be a notable improvement over what you got and probably still be within a safe range toward what the fiberglass can handle

Latest posts