hawkps

Oct 28, 2015
Real Name
Tiago Alencar
I just bought this truck mount, just getting into the business, I was doing window cleaning before and thought carpet cleaning would be a nice addition. I got the manual from the steamway website and followed the instructions to turn it on, my goal was just to be able to have the water shoot out of the wand and make sure the vacuum would suck. I connected the water hose to the machine and turned the water on the reservoir started filling but the water did not make it through the wand. I turned the machine on and still no water through the wand. Any ideas on what's going on?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I just bought this truck mount, just getting into the business, I was doing window cleaning before and thought carpet cleaning would be a nice addition. I got the manual from the steamway website and followed the instructions to turn it on, my goal was just to be able to have the water shoot out of the wand and make sure the vacuum would suck. I connected the water hose to the machine and turned the water on the reservoir started filling but the water did not make it through the wand. I turned the machine on and still no water through the wand. Any ideas on what's going on?
Maybe the pump has been deprimed... First make sure the pump clutch is spinning... turn on the machine, watch the pump, now flip the pump switch and you should see the pump clutch kick on... do that then come back.

hawkps

Oct 28, 2015
Real Name
Tiago Alencar
Maybe the pump has been deprimed... First make sure the pump clutch is spinning... turn on the machine, watch the pump, now flip the pump switch and you should see the pump clutch kick on... do that then come back.

Worked like a charm! Both my goals accomplished. Now something else came up, actually two things. One the heater, which is diesel, is not heating up the water at all (not even close to 175 or 200) and the solution meter doesn't seam to fill up and get the solution into the system. Is the solution hose that you put into the solution container supposed to be air tight?

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Worked like a charm! Both my goals accomplished. Now something else came up, actually two things. One the heater, which is diesel, is not heating up the water at all (not even close to 175 or 200) and the solution meter doesn't seam to fill up and get the solution into the system. Is the solution hose that you put into the solution container supposed to be air tight?
no long as lines are submerged
you should be able to hear the burner kick on. you will have heat when it does. regardless.

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States

If you have not idea how a truckmount works,take the unit to a professional truckmount mechanic to test everything and he can tell you how it works

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
You don't send a tech on their own without at least a month training. It's not as easy as we make it look. Listen to these guys but get some training before you charge anybody for professional services. It's an insult to all who have paid their dues