Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
I have had this issue over a year. I thought had a faulty regulator so they sent another. also each time since last year have descaled 3 times but really was not that bad at all? What descaler do you use? seemed to be pretty clean and also kinda can tell from over the years my filters stay pretty clean and no build up. I always have and only use rinse through system so that keeps it pretty clean also in between descaling. this is weird though because it only does it when water is hot?

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
The brass 3 way valve is your pressure selector valve above the water box. Likely has a black handle, it may be leaking internally from wear.

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
The pressure regulator is one of two chrome cylinders that allow you adjust the water pressure for high pressure or medium pressure depending on what you're cleaning. It could be that the medium pressure regulator is faulty and needs replacement.

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
If you have both regulators on that machine, you could try setting it to high-pressure mode and turn the pressure down to 400-500 psi and see if the problem still exists...just an idea.