Steamin Demon | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Steamin Demon

Average Guy CCer

Jun 8, 2015
Real Name
William
Any input on this machine? I recently found one for a "to good to pass" price and want to get some feedback.

DavidB

Jan 30, 2008
I've always been interested in it but the problem is the reviews are so mixed, most common one I see is it worked pretty good, but I sold it.

I actually would like to incorporate a classic into my system for heavy flushing jobs but refuse to pay 3k for one with out using it first hand.

If you pass on it let me know I might wanna get it at too good to pass up :D

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It's like dragging an octopus around.

Reactions: sbsscn

Average Guy CCer

Jun 8, 2015
Real Name
William
I've always been interested in it but the problem is the reviews are so mixed, most common one I see is it worked pretty good, but I sold it.

I actually would like to incorporate a classic into my system for heavy flushing jobs but refuse to pay 3k for one with out using it first hand.

I snatched it up at 400 bucks,,,,,

Reactions: DavidB

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Id a snapped it for that price real quick if it was clean. Id like to get my hands on one for rug cleaning. It also looks to be a good tool for bigger urine jobs.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz

Magic Wand in Jersey has one real clean for 1500 on CL last I checked.

Average Guy CCer

Jun 8, 2015
Real Name
William
Id a snapped it for that price real quick if it was clean. Id like to get my hands on one for rug cleaning. It also looks to be a good tool for bigger urine jobs.
I'm thinking floodwork as well, I do a lot of secure door commercial and this is perfect now I dont have to hire a helper to stand at the door

Reactions: DavidB

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have a Steamin' Demon, actually, what I have is the Pacific Tsunami which is the Steamin' Demon under a different name. It does good in certain situations. I use it once or twice per year. In some cases I like it better than my CFX that I have. As Rob said, it is much like dancing with an octopus. Especially when I connect my auxiliary electric heater to it. Learning how to manage hoses and power cords is the key. It does a good job of flushing the carpet clean.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I have a tsunami in good shape---$900 plus split the shipping. I have used it half a dozen times on my rentals. I have run out of warm storage space ----I rented out the basement I used to keep it in. It comes with one length of hoses---I think it is 50 feet. I have never used the soap dispenser or the defoamer--I have a bottle of dry defoamer that I sprinkle on the carpet when I hit soapy carpet. I will try to take pictures tomorrow.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
A great piece of equipment as a part of a complete cleaning system, One has to remember that all principles of the cleaning standards applied will give good results. One the soil has been properly suspended, then this is a great little extractor. This is true for all types of equipment. I used them for about 16 years and loved them. I have sold them to commercial locations and commercial cleaners and many bought more, if you learn to use it, it will perform very well.
Here is a video clip showing a complete cleaning system and the proper steps following the industry's written standards in action.

Hopefully this will help.

SAA

Average Guy CCer

Jun 8, 2015
Real Name
William
Finally got to use it tonight. Had a fairly large commercial property tonight, 3 story clinic all the hallways needed done. I decided I'd use it on the 3rd floor so I set up did the prespray and turned my helper loose with it. I used the TM for the bottom 2 floors. His speed wasnt great but it was also the first time I ever cut him loose on his own. Buy time I got the TM set up with all the hose and hook up and got the second floor done he was just finishing the 3rd. It did an admirable job better than a porty IMHO I have walk behinds and portys and I'd rather use this.

bowman1645

May 2, 2020
Real Name
Shawn
Hey guys, I'm new to this page and I ended up picking up a steamin demon for $300 bucks Canadian and I was reading about the vacuum motor being upgraded to a more powerful one. Does anyone have an idea of which vac motor?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I think the steam demon is great for low cut pile naps. however its not very aggressive on shags or extremely soiled situations, it can do it but youll have to work hard, imagine a hp rug doctor just way better design without the agitator bar