Steam Way Mastermatic 2400 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Steam Way Mastermatic 2400

Prospec

Feb 10, 2014
Real Name
Rich Miller
Hi guys,
I have an 'is it worth it' question for you. I found a steam way omega 4200 for sale at a good price, the downside is the heater is broken. The motor, cat pump and vac pump are still in good condition, but is there any way to repair the burner? According to the owner, it is all but unfixable. Is this possible? I have extensive automotive and truck mount repair experience but have no experience with Steam Ways. From what I understand, when they run well they are unbeatable. So, is there a known problem with the heater and is it fixable? Or should I avoid at all costs and find another tm? Or is there a better method of heating (exchanger etc?)

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
Maybe, if its an AC powered heater. No way if its DC powered. Your asking for a continuous nightmare if its DC. Believe me its alot of work to get those things running properly. Your going to spend countless hours trying to upgrade 75% of that thing.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Hi guys,
I have an 'is it worth it' question for you. I found a steam way omega 4200 for sale at a good price, the downside is the heater is broken. The motor, cat pump and vac pump are still in good condition, but is there any way to repair the burner? According to the owner, it is all but unfixable. Is this possible? I have extensive automotive and truck mount repair experience but have no experience with Steam Ways. From what I understand, when they run well they are unbeatable. So, is there a known problem with the heater and is it fixable? Or should I avoid at all costs and find another tm? Or is there a better method of heating (exchanger etc?)
I...My brother has one! No One will work on the heater.Un FIXABLE! .Invest in a Propane Heater..Many Heat exchangers have yet to prove themselves Lil Giants HAVE!(1.300,00) You will have a Great Unit!

Prospec

Feb 10, 2014
Real Name
Rich Miller
From what I understand, he says it's a 'combination pump' a fuel pump and dc motor? Does that sound correct? I mean if it's just a fuel pump I feel as if I could modify a truck pump or something.... Any input?

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
From what I understand, he says it's a 'combination pump' a fuel pump and dc motor? Does that sound correct? I mean if it's just a fuel pump I feel as if I could modify a truck pump or something.... Any input?
I wish it were that simple buddy. But the reality of it is no you cannot modify a truck pump for it. But then again I am one to always say never say never. Fuel pressure would need to be adjustable. You would need to plumb a fuel solenoid. You would need a return port or bleeder port. Lots of variables. I say don't buy it. You will need a whole new pump and motor setup. Odds are its a MET DC motor and they don't make those anymore. So right off the bat your looking at $750.00 expense w/o labor. Then you will most likely new a new ignitor. Trust me its a money pit with those DC setups!