Steam Action w/Wisconsin 4 Cyl (40HP??) and Roots Blower Found in Woods | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Steam Action w/Wisconsin 4 Cyl (40HP??) and Roots Blower Found in Woods

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
Is this worth trying to repair?? Is there a truck mount re-build manual??
Good old boy who lived near it said he saw it run /suck /blow like hell and then the guys never came back.
It obviously needs gas, fresh water, and waste tank, can anybody help explain the wiring and hosing, etc for correct hookup?
Do I need water running into it before I attempt to crank motor??

Newbie here and semi skilled mechanic so go easy on me. No, it is not for sale.

DSC07413.JPGDSC07418.JPGDSC07456.JPGDSC07423.JPG

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
Universal Blower RAI
Serial # 95 A 66933
Designation # 56 U RAI JV
Roots ID # 874 067 020

itmc_bg

Dec 1, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
procleaningteam.com
Real Name
Michael Nicholas
Business Location
United States
If the engine and blower works maybe is worth to try but you still has to exchange all the pipes, mufflers and etc. they look so rusty and soon will give you a troubles if you leave them. First you concentrate to try to fire the engine and the blower working condition. 56rai will give you monster suction if you have it run.
Good luck

T

TheEyeball

Story sounds very weird to me. How do we know it's not stolen? I know who built that machine. All he needs is the blower serial # and he'll know everything about the entire unit.

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
@ Eyeball...it is a screwy story but, NO, it is not stolen.
My parents put Brother inLaw in business with two machines. Cocaine, short cash flow, and divorce cause him to sell one system to another individual. The sold machine "blew up" and in midst of hatred of my sister, my mother, his divorce and the cocaine, he gave this unit to the fella who had bought and "blowed up" the other machine. It was used on interim basis until "blowed up" machine was replaced and some ten years later I grew tire of watching Servpro and Servicemaster so I ask him, "Whatever happened to that old carpet machine??" That question took me through a carefree stoned "Christian" who always 'blessed my day' but finally narrowed down the area of the country where he ditched in a friend's yard as he followed a wife off on a Hawaiian Christian Sabbatical to start a new life. In turn, he was useless in its recovery, but once I located the old van that had been stripped for parts, the machine and hose reel sat there intact cause nobody in that part of South GA wants to work, they just want to recycle metal and cook 'meth'.
Luckily, the machine, its stainless steel frame, and Roots Blower were to heavy for methheads to lift up and carry off. Thus, upon discovery of the van and several visits to meet the property owner where the van was sitting, I was allowed to recover this unit for what it may be worth?? (ANYBODY?) motor and blower appear to have a potential value of $2500+/- each if working.
I was told by property owner ( mechanic skills obvious) that he had it running, blowing, sucking at one point but then no one ever came back to get it so he pushed old rat van back into edge of the woods.
As a fire restoration contractor, I am tired of all the homebuilder creeping into my business and am looking to diversify and expand my small company into a little water restoration work since through the years I have accumulated approx 40 fans, 6-1200 dehu's, 4 air scrubbers, from various mold, fire, or flood jobs I have picked up once all the franchise boys have run out of equipment.
SO, I AM LOOKING FOR SOME TYPE OF GENERAL SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM TO HELP ME IDENTIFY THESE PARTS AND PIECES?
QUESTION #2 would this be a water cooled engine or an air cooled engine??

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
P.S. we also own about 300 apartments and have 3 college age kids that could use the work of learning to clean carpets and the occasional water damage we suffer as property owners.

bubbula123

Dec 24, 2011
nj
Real Name
Randall Shawn
Business Location
United States
left in the woods???? its stolen...or the van was, and they just dumped what was inside...that's what i did..er i mean what they did

Gymee

Banned
Apr 4, 2007
Mn
Real Name
Jesus
Business Location
United States
Stolen or more like abandoned.

Simple looking machine and good for a hobby project.

I'd be worried that the motor and blower are locked up.

No pump either.

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
@ EYEBALL, STOLEN? NO
This machine used to belong to my ex brother in law. He sold one of tow units he had to a guy who in turn "blew up" the purchased unit. My brother in law in the midst of divorce gave his 2nd unit ( this one to the guy who blew up the other). In turn, the pump and the van which was a non maintained crapper(no title, lost in divorce moving). So the guy strip it this gift out of the van ( no title; no tag) and rummaged parts to make the other "blowed up" unit work in the van he could get title and tag on. Meanwhile, brother-in-law after divorce, lots of alcohol and cocaine; went down the "don't give a **** path" and never went back to recover his unsold 2nd unit (this one) so I have started a water damage company and asked him what he did with old carpet cleaner, which led me to the guy who it was given to for a substitute until repairs could be made; this guy in turn stripped due to van, tag and title problems and rebuilt his unit that he had purchased from brother in law. The purchaser, blower upper, and stripper told me it was parked way out yonder in the old van out down by river at Dennis' place and if Dennis does not have a problem with me getting the stripped down non working unit out of his yard then I could have it. So the now ex-brother-in-law and the purchaser, blower-upper, stripper, abandoner have both given me permission to possess this unit. Ole Dennis gave it to me cause he was happy to get the crap out of his yard beleive it or not.

P.S. My mother purchased these two units in the 1990's to put my brother in law to work and my now ex brother in law told me I could have what he own if I would deal with all the idiots to get it back. That is what I did. Since my B-I-L likes his alcohol and cocaine more than carpet cleaning and his purchaser has a running machine and a van with a title and live behind his "blessed" day message and does not return his calls. Both of these guys have the "don't give a sh-ts" about anything to do with this machine.

Do you think I could LIFT it to steal it without a truck and tractor off a sand lot down by the river? I would have been shot by the neighbors and eaten by the dogs on this guys property?? Stolen, Are you missing one? Stolen?? Am I dumb enough to POST it on a public forum? You sir a the idiot here! I am just trying to get a little help in re-building something I see a little value in as I attempt to start up a small water damage company down here in South Georgia, I am NO threat to you in INDIANA.

Why do you think it is stolen?? Are you missing one in Indianapolis??

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
Motor cranked up today after new battery and spark plugs
Blower appears to work. whether it is correct or not we will advise if it blows up

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
Van has no title or tag
This machine was used to strip for parts to repair another machine that was sold to individual by ex brother in law and it was left in van for dead since the parts we obtained an no one had a use for this one.

rentman

Jan 18, 2012
Georgia
Real Name
AJ Davis
Business Location
United States
Nope, are you missing one.
Am I stupid enough to post picture of stolen property on public forum and state it is NOT for Sale, idiot??

Ara Klujian

Moderator & TMF Repair Expert
Premium VIP
Jun 19, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.peterklujiancarpet.com
Real Name
ARA KLUJIAN
Business Location
United States
I hope that Wisconsin runs good for you, because they went out of business and parts for them engines are EXTREMELY difficult to find. Good luck with your rebuild!!!
As for the wiring... Try to find a wireing diagram to help you. The Steamaction wiring can really be a birds nest. Don't let it scare you. Its not as complex as one might think. I'm really good with wiring schematics and principles so maybe I can help if need be. But like I said your best bet is to get a wiring diagram. Or, yank it all out and start with fresh wire. (thats what I would do) You say it started so your ignition is most likely solid. That right there is a good thing. Anything after that is just going to be your thermostat, bypass solenoid, pump clutch and toggle switch, waste tank level shut down switch. Those are the bare bones you need. Its not much. You dont even need a pump clutch because some of those old Steamactions never had pump clutches anyway.