Startup working on a robot to help in Janitorial settings - looking for feedback

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Feb 12, 2018
Real Name
Charlie Andersen
Hello,

We are a startup building a robot to help people working in different areas. Our robot is a robotic cart that can follow you like a dog while carrying cargo.

Here is a video of it working: .

In the video we are moving firewood, but we've thought that in some larger areas like airports it could be a helpful machine when doing things like collecting rubbish, removing trash, etc.

Could anyone see something like this being helpful in their work? Perhaps instead of using a hand cart like below?
urbancart2.jpg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Interesting. Most here focus on cleaning in homes rather than large area such as an airport. For those in commercial settings, there will be questions about the space available, the weight limit, how it is powered (I assume electric) and use time versus recharge time as well as cost. But, I can see using it in more open spaces.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
In most the settings I've worked in (schools to supermarkets) Something like an automated janitorial cart that could carry supplies, mop bucket and a 55 gal can for trash would possibly be useful. However, as your cart is currently built it sits too high. Trash cans and mop buckets are the size they are because that size makes them functional. The higher I have to lift a mop to get it into a bucket the more fatiguing the action becomes. If the tech could be put into a janitorial cart, it would be more useful. The problem I see is, janitorial carts already make transporting all those things by hand easy enough and their cost is low.

Maybe in hotel maid service but again, you'd want to get it implemented into existing cart designs.

When I worked as Event Staff at a district stadium, now something like this would have been useful. We had about 100 traffic cones that had to be put out every Friday. We used a John Deer Gator but when setting up solo we spent a lot of time jumping in and out of the drivers seat and when working in a team, one guy driving the other setting cones, sure it went faster but that was a guy setting up cones that could have been prepping the press box and concessions.

If it could climb stairs without loosing its load would be even better.

Latest posts