ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
so i am guessing around 70-80k for the butler
van and TM......

isnt the aerotech around 80k????
Aero tech is more like 110. But lease program butler is 950, aero tech 1200 I think?

The lease makes a lot of sense for an established business idk about a new start up

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
A brand new start up can't really justify an Aerotech any way you slice it. An established business killing it can that could utilize it's potential, especially if running a 1st and 2nd shift. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Mama Fen

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I gotta love living 15 minutes from butler hq. My biggest advice is run a 5 foot piece if hose from the waste tank to the sliding door. Never use the live reel. Disconnect when you can and run as little hose as possible.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
my house isnt worth 100k....

most TM and van on a fulltime basis with 1 worker
make around 100k....

and the net profit is about half or less if you have employees......

thats 50k net at best with a 1000$ payment that is 20% of profit.......

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
my house isnt worth 100k....

most TM and van on a fulltime basis with 1 worker
make around 100k....

and the net profit is about half or less if you have employees......

thats 50k net at best with a 1000$ payment that is 20% of profit.......
Just depends on your market. 1 truck can do 200 here without any crazy 10+hrs days.

Real estate is stupid expensive here though, 900k in a lot of areas buys you a 1700sqft fixer upper

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Does anyone have any advice for a new guy please help
If I was just starting out with a good budget, I would go for a complete butler setup - its pretty much dummy proof, easy to work on etc. Spend some of your other money on marketing and branding.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
If I was just starting out with a good budget, I would go for a complete butler setup - its pretty much dummy proof, easy to work on etc. Spend some of your other money on marketing and branding.
Yeah as a new business with a much smaller budget having a new butler would be amazing.

With some practice you would probably be much quicker and faster on jobs.

Plus like someone might have mentioned you can lock up your butler while working because the hoses come through a port in the door. Talk about working anywhere without worry.

If your going to work inside though some offices condos apartments maybe pickup a good portable to roll in??

I basically have a portable I run from the van but I’ve been able to pick up some jobs that I don’t think I could have served even with a butler van.

Food for thought.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Yeah as a new business with a much smaller budget having a new butler would be amazing.

With some practice you would probably be much quicker and faster on jobs.

Plus like someone might have mentioned you can lock up your butler while working because the hoses come through a port in the door. Talk about working anywhere without worry.

If your going to work inside though some offices condos apartments maybe pickup a good portable to roll in??

I basically have a portable I run from the van but I’ve been able to pick up some jobs that I don’t think I could have served even with a butler van.

Food for thought.
Definetly have to market to. They don’t always come in large numbers just because your open..

With your budget you have the funds to start marketing. Keep learning and getting educated and market yourself.

Good spot to be in.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
What Jim Davisson said! Don't blow all your money on all that stuff. Get a Butler, get some classes under your belt and you'll do fine.
I started off with a used pick up truck and a portable less then 8 years ago. You don't need to blow your inheritance like that buddy.
There is no way I would consider investing $300k to start a carpet cleaning business, definitely not in the area of Midland/Odessa.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Also, the sharks will be on this thread soon. They just want your money. You'll know who they are by the fact they'll be selling you their classes or their equipment or their chemicals. Keep that in mind.
IICRC that has over 10 million in the bank is not allowed here. And no dyers.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In conclusion, I recommend a trip to our facility or call me for a virtual tour via FaceTime. I’ll take you through virtually every brand of machine, tools and chemistry. Your truck and equipment is not bad, but does it fit you, your business model or cleaning style? Do you have a business and marketing plan? Do you have proper education? Do you have a 5 year plan? How much time will you be devoting? That’s just a few questions I’d go over with you.

Some cleaners think with their emotions and not their power of reason. They become emotionally attached to people, equipment and or suppliers.

Look for a mentor who has;

Decades of proven experience
Is unbiased
Recommends what fits best
Understands business plans
Who continually evolves
Financially successful
Common sense driven

Avoid cleaners who;

Are stuck in the same spot for decades
Push brands of friends
Brands with lots proprietary parts
Stuck in industry politics
Jaded, negative and jealous cleaners
Emotionally driven

If you get the above figured out you will go far. If not remember the definition of insanity, “doing same thing over and over and it expecting different results”. Call me, I’ll help you get results.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
IICRC that has over 10 million in the bank is not allowed here. And no dyers.
Rob, can you please explain what you're saying?If you're referring to me I have nothing to do with the IICRC. While I do dye carpet, I'm not trying to sell anyone dyes or dye classes.

WESTEX CLEANING

Sep 2, 2019
Real Name
Michael Olson
There is no way I would consider investing $300k to start a carpet cleaning business, definitely not in the area of Midland/Odessa.
No one said I was going to invest 300k maybe 150k what is wrong with Midland/Odessa TX we got oil money higher incomes than most other places in the US. I bet we have a better economy than El Paso does. How much do you make per job after expenses. What part of town has the better jobs the east side or west side do you Focus on customers in the hills or richer neighborhoods or cheap one near the border. The average income of a Midland resident is $34,949 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a Midland resident is $67,144 a year. - The average income of a El Paso resident is $20,050 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a El Paso resident is $42,037 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year. With the right marketing of my business I believe I can tap in to some of their income and generate revenue

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Regardless of what you do it’s hard to fail in this business. If you over pay for machines, tools and chemicals you will still make your money back. It’s easy to make a living and survive as a “job”. It’s harder to turn it into a business.

Reactions: Spazznout and ACP

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
No one said I was going to invest 300k maybe 150k what is wrong with Midland/Odessa TX we got oil money higher incomes than most other places in the US. I bet we have a better economy than El Paso does. How much do you make per job after expenses. What part of town has the better jobs the east side or west side do you Focus on customers in the hills or richer neighborhoods or cheap one near the border. The average income of a Midland resident is $34,949 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a Midland resident is $67,144 a year. - The average income of a El Paso resident is $20,050 a year. The US average is $28,555 a year. - The Median household income of a El Paso resident is $42,037 a year. The US average is $53,482 a year. With the right marketing of my business I believe I can tap in to some of their income and generate revenue
Never mind me, do what you are gonna do lol

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

I'd consider listening to @1ST CHOICE CLEANING has rot say. He's been in the business a while and he is in your state. You did say you had a budget of $300k which would lead us to believe you're willing to use it. We're just saying you don't need to tie up that kind of money onto an owner operator business. $100k would get you all set up with all good brand new equipment.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'd consider listening to @1ST CHOICE CLEANING has rot say. He's been in the business a while and he is in your state. You did say you had a budget of $300k which would lead us to believe you're willing to use it. We're just saying you don't need to tie up that kind of money onto an owner operator business. $100k would get you all set up with all good brand new equipment.
I'm willing to wager there are a couple of us here that will give you a free consultation with the right direction to go.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm willing to wager there are a couple of us here that will give you a free consultation with the right direction to go.
And @Jim Davisson is one of the guys I'd get in touch with right away of I were him.