Starting carpet cleaning business

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Chase Dumphord, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Chase Dumphord

Chase Dumphord New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How's it going im in the planing stage of starting carpet cleaning business. Was thinking about going the rotovac route until I found the place. I'm looking to do mainly residential carpet and tile and work my way into the commercial side as well. I would like to start out with a tm unit but I don't have the cash for that at the moment. I'm need long more options about what equipment I should use. I have been looking at the rotovac brand for over a year now and was going with ranger and the 360 set. Tell what you think

2. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +293 / 1 / -0
    Get the 360i alone and used without the ranger/enduro/CFX whatever. Rotovac doesn't make the best portables yet. Many on this forums favor Mytee Extractors. You can find mytee stuff used on eBay to start off

3. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,607 / 84 / -0
    Welcome to TMF Chase! Do you have any experience cleaning carpets? What's your budget for equipment and for total business start up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Chase Dumphord

Chase Dumphord New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have around 2 years experience just running and old portable back in high school don't recall the brand. If I go with any Rotovac equipment I'm going to do their package deal where I can get a little bit of everything all at one. Also if anyone want to give be a break down of what Portys I should go with in looking to do carpets and tile from day one as well what cleaning tool do you think is best

5. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,878 / 11 / -1
    Most tile & grout and stone cleaning is done with 1000 to 1200 PSI although it can be done with lower pressure. If you expect to do much tile, I suggest getting a 1200 PSI portable.

I like the Rotovac tools for use on carpet but I am not a big fan of their tile cleaning head. I think you would do better with a spinner type tool and, if the budget permits, Gekko type tools for the edges, corners, tight places, counter tops, walls, etc. Also one of Aloha Dave's grout cleaning brushes.

Aztec Financial, Interlink Finacial and other elasing companies can help you put equipment on a monthly payment plan. That may be a better idea than spending all your capital up front and struggling to have money for marketing and on-going expenses. Market will be a big part of where your time and money goes.

Here are some links to equipment to consider.

A top of the line 1200 PSI portable - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=MX3-1200M

Tile & grout cleaning brush - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AB112

Spinner tool for tile & grout - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AW105

Acessory tool - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=Gekko

Tile & grout chems, I like the Viper Venom powder version - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=Viper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,042 / 4 / -0
    ^^^What he Said^^^

Welcome Chase!

7. Ed Valentine

Ed Valentine Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Design Engineering /Innovator
    Michigan, USA
    Ratings:
    +613 / 23 / -0
    Chase;

Welcome to a great Industry. And, you can even make it greater if you make the right decisions along the way. At the very beginning of starting a business, money is always tight and, valuable. Therefore, having experienced all of this myself, I highly suggest that one takes the " blinders" off. What I mean is this: Do your resear ch and look beyond your nose. IMHO, and experience, when looking for used equipment, ask yourself: "Is it used; or, is it Used up?" Making the wrong decision here could cost you bundles. Also, if there is a lot of the same models of equipment used, for sale on E-bay, etc....then this might indicate that they are really not up to the level you and your new company would demand. After all, wonder why a pile of them are now back on the market?
    Surround yourself with great people whom have a long history of being successful because success breeds success!. Those with a terrific amount of experience perhaps much greater than the normal arm-chair advisors.

Anyways, hope this helps in your research!

Ed Valentine
    cross-american corp.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Male
    F.A.R.T. = Fabric Analyst & Restoration Technician
    Florida
    Ratings:
    +4,268 / 7 / -0
    Well said, Ed. (y)