Starting Air Duct Cleaning- Residential and Commercial

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Joey33

Feb 24, 2017
Real Name
Joe oayette
Hello!

My company is just getting started with air duct cleaning, and I wanted to reach out to guys for some advice.

A used carpet cleaning truck came with the "duct wizard" A vacuum brush system, has anyone used this before?

I have only used it a couple of times but have not been impressed- it gets stuck and there are plenty of vents it cant even access (even the smallest brush or no brush cant even fit). Other than the small vents, the big ones are almost just as bad- even with the bigger brushes, the hose gets all tangled- so you can pretty much rule out any commercial work.

So what do you guys think?

what methods do you use and could you please tell me what equipment I would need to get started?

Thank you!

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I have used Duct Wizard and agree with your evaluation.

There are two systems that use compressed air balls and the suction from a truckmount. Ram Air and Air Wave. Both are suitable for the first cleaning after construction (You would be surprised how much construction debris gets swept or tossed into floor vents.), and maintenance cleaning if residential ducts. Our system is the Air Wave - https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC040

If you want to do commercial duct work cleaning, cleaning after fires or really neglected residential work (30 year old home has never been cleaned and has a coal furnace) then you need the negative air source removal filter bag trucks. Those will start at about $60,000 and can go up close to $200,000.