Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 24, 2018
Real Name
Dave Miller
The way to loose weight is not to eat after 3 pm, eat only vegetables and fruits, that is how I lost weight. And if you want to lose it quicker then during the day eat one third of your capacity, the other 3rd is for water and the last 3rd is to breathe.
I'm kinda in that mode too, except I try not to eat anything after my supper meal at about 6. Lost 6.5 pounds in about 40 days from only doing that. Not earth shattering or anything. I was eating snacks at 11 or 12 at night, snacks being entire ham sandwiches and bowls of ice cream. You know, those kinds of snacks.

EVDOG

Jul 25, 2015
Real Name
Evdog
The way to loose weight is not to eat after 3 pm, eat only vegetables and fruits, that is how I lost weight. And if you want to lose it quicker then during the day eat one third of your capacity, the other 3rd is for water and the last 3rd is to breathe.
That's a friggin suicide mission.

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
curious i thought compound exercises were better than crunches
compound exercises are good but for men after 40 big belly is hard to control
our metabolism get slow and tummy get out of control
it is easy to tone your arms calves etc

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
My top weight was 274. Got down to 227 or so. Mostly by walking / jogging and watching portion sizes. Had an injury to my foot / ankle and stopped walking for about a year. Went back to about 265. Started walking again for about 2 months and then herniated disc. Did physical therapy but not much walking. And stayed around 260 - 265 for a long time.

Recently had another injury. Doctor said the physical therapy need to concentrate on upper body strength. So, I have been doing weights 3 to 5 times per week for 5 weeks. Down to 252.

Long term, I want to get back down to 220 something or less. But, I am not trying to dot hat all at once. Maybe 3 or 4 pounds per months dropped off. Watching portion size and stay off the evening snacking are my current goals.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I feel thy pain, Scott. I'm five foot even, meaning there's not much room for extra pounds to hide. I'm also built curvy (Irish peasant stock) so unlike most women, when I put on a few pounds, it goes to my cleavage and rump first. You'd think that'd be a good thing - but not at my height. It makes me look freakishly disproportionate.

After a heart attack two years ago (a bundle branch block, which is hereditary rather than lifestyle-related), it's been tough to get my daily exercise in. As soon as my heart rate gets above 100 or so, I start getting nervous... which knocks out a lot of the high-impact stuff required for serious calorie burning. And fear ramps it up even further. Couple that with my low blood pressure, and I've passed out cold more than once. Woke up with EMTs strapping me up at a Wal Mart with people leaning over me getting video with their cell phones. Grrr.

However, I've had the good fortune to pair up with a very handsome fella who happens to also be a personal trainer and physical therapist. He's got a better bod at 48 than most 20-year-olds, and he's been giving me some extraordinarily helpful tips on proper weightlifting work that have really helped me tone up. (The fact that he's a gorgeous beast and he likes my cooking just means I work extra hard at getting back into shape, lol - bonus points!)

The key for me has been slowing down and not trying to do it all at once. Cardio work, then light lifting, focusing on three standard simple machines to work on a strong core. I always thought it was super-complicated; turns out it's easy, just don't fall for the "you need ten different machines" hype.

Jun 28, 2008
canada
Real Name
zack zia
Business Location
United States
Medicinal Mushrooms
1 Chga
2 Cordyceps
3 Coriolus
4 Lions Mane
improves immune health resists infections improves cellular health improves energy stamina and endurance and increase libido and sexual function
this is a cave man vitamins lol

Aug 30, 2018
Real Name
Jake L. Schuster
I would recommend a Protein shake in the morning. I use muscle milk and it is great. Combine that with cleaning carpet and a sensible dinner you should lose weight quick. Not sure if you drink a lot of soda or energy drinks but that needs to be cut out. I would say quit drinking beer but what's the point in that
That sounds great.I will try them.