Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!!

kellyon

Jul 25, 2017
Real Name
kelly grin
I'm in the same boat. Hope I'll lose some weight in the next few months.

ccrusdf

Dec 23, 2017
Real Name
David Falucho
Reduce your sugar intake. I replaced Coke with Coke Zero and dropped the weight rather quickly without exercise. Being an avid soda drinker for years, I did this swap and it has worked for me.

Reactions: admin

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
The old threads are so precious, throughout these years the ideas get so intertwined and even mauled (sometimes) that we doubt the goal is even attainable. Usually around holiday time we like to entertain ourselves on personal and professional level and stake out new fields. Well, we all now the outcome..
Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of weight management, I can't successfully gain some fat. My BMI is about 25%, , what contributes to this situation is probably: #1-wasted motions #2- some night work #3 - more work during the day and inability to effectively relax in between, hence being up in 2am. Didn't mean to derail the thread, but I do think my problem lays in similar area, anyone has a solution, how to deal with it? Be glad if you're little bit overweight, when sickness strikes, body can consume some fat and get better. If I go to a 159 lb with 5'11' of height, believe that doesn't feel right.
So...?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
A few years ago, I took weight loss, exercise and diet pretty serious. Lost 46 pounds over 2+ years. Then I hit a plateau and could not seem to lose any more. Got discouraged. Then a foot injury kept me from walking / jogging for several months. When I got back to walking, I had a back injury. Pretty much gave up on the exercise. Recently decided to try again.

Vasek160

Mar 23, 2018
Real Name
Vasek
мой вес 53кг. Высота 175. Как мне поднять мой вес?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I lost over fifty gained 30 back and I'm stuck. I need to put forth more effort so I bought an exercise bicycle and will use it daily. I need to drop another 50 lbs, but I don't get much cardio outside of working and walking my dog a mile a day. I lost 50 when I walked 3 miles a day and kept my carbs at a good level. This half assed effort I put up last year needs to improve, I'm healthy according to my doctor, blood pressure is a bit high but much lower than before.

Attachments

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Are you guys all still out on the wand.....?????

I just lost at least 10 pounds doing a night job theater for 6 nights straight......
cant keep any weight on as i clean resturants moving furniture at rapid pace.....

Couches and scrubbing tile will work it off of you ....no problem

But if your still needing to lose weight....
try Acaii juice all natural.....(amazon brand at HEB)
that will give you tuns of antioxident energy and keep the wieght off...
I go through a full bottle a week...great fruit drink

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
ditch the fructose corn syrup in your life, its terrible for you.. consume only real sugar (in moderation) your body cant control the speed at which is burns fake sugar so it spikes your blood sugar levels right when you consume it.

ditch the bread, pizza, doughy foods they go straight to the GUT! just moderation again

dont waste your time with tons of cardio, youll drain all your energy and its 10x harder to drop weight.... compound lifting only

-squats
-deadlifts
-overhead press

these 3 exercises will change the entire structure of your body, fast... and you wont burn out trying to do 1000s of sit ups, running, or some crazy work out plan that you cant realistically keep up with.

start with very low weight and add 5lbs every other day when you lift.

Reactions: Scott W

Sam Robinson

Mar 9, 2018
Concrete, WA
Real Name
Sam Robinson
The toughest part for me was trying to reprogram my internal meal-meter... a value meal at a fast food place still doesn't seem like a legit meal without a couple of add-on burgers. It also didn't help that my 'food pyramid' was basically meat, candy, and pasta (in that order). I'm 46 now and have spent most of my life eating like I was still playing high school football. I'm around 240 now but easily creep back up to 260/270... should be down closer to 225. (all those online calculators say I should weigh 185, but that aint happening). I used to be able to drop 10 or 20 pounds with zero effort...but now, without consistent physical work, I could starve myself and still lose nothing.

Sam Robinson

Mar 9, 2018
Concrete, WA
Real Name
Sam Robinson
I'm 5' 11". When I was on the truck every day, I stayed between 180 and 190. Since I got off the truck 30+ years ago, I slowly got up to 277. That was my weight 2 1/2 years ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes. That got my attention. I knew I needed to do something.

Insurance provided 2 sessions with a dietitian / nutritionist. Here are some of the things I learned to do.
1) Began walking. It was simple exercise. I could even walk around the office while I was on the phone. In a short time I added jogging 2 or 3 miles a day. Not a lot but regular.
2) The portion sizes I had been used to were really about double what I needed. I did not cut out any food, but I tried to eat less, eat slower and I would feel full. I did not want to be on a "diet" and feel like I could not eat something.
3) Drink a lot of water, especially before and during meals. Helps you eat less.
4) Keep healthy snacks around - peanuts, cut up carrots, sliced apples, low-fat yogurt, etc. Always had something handy and convenient when I wanted a snack. Also tried to cut down (not eliminate) snacking late in the evening.
5) Eat a good breakfast and eat something at least every 4 hours. Start with a full stomach of oatmeal or something healthy. Don't go a long time without eating or you will be famished and eat too much too fast.
6) Keep at it steady. Slow but sure. Losing a lot of weight quickly general ends up in putting it back on. You need to make small changes you can stick with the rest of your life.

This morning I hit 227. Down 50 pounds.
Nice work, Scott. And I like how you refer to 2-3 miles a day as 'not a lot'... that's a pretty impressive jog. I do know that walking even a mile makes me feel 1000 times better. I got into photography as an excuse to get out and go for more walks. I'm a horrible photographer but it's still fun. Anything to stay active makes a huge difference.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
When I was a teenager I ran 5 - 10 miles every day. Best time on the mile was 3:58. Best time on a 5k was 18:12. I could eat 5 meals a day (not snacks, meals) and not gain a pound. Actually, if I wasn't careful I could easily drop 10+ pounds in just a week or two.

Due to issues with my left knee and ankle I haven't run in years. Light jogs are doable but I defiantly can't run like I did when I was 18. Problem is, something in my brain doesn't seem to understand that my body can't run like that anymore. And it doesn't seem to understand that there is a pace between walking and running. So now here I sit, after trying to do a light jog, with the worst shin splints I've ever had...

I think I'm just going to try and get a rowing machine.