Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Still Mr. McFatty here although I have lost 50 pounds in the last 5 months.
50 lb is a big accomplishment Mr. McBiggie, you have to put equal , if not greater effort to reach that goal. All comes to feeling better for yourself, starting to feel positive energy entering your body and soul and knowing what's right for you.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I hot the weights today and then I ate a huge bowl ice cream. True story.
I have been lifting weights for about 2 months now after 20+ years of not lifting. 2 things that surprised me, #1 I'm not as strong as I thought I was and #2 I was no where near as sore as I was expecting.

I figured as a grown man that works everyday doing physical work I would of been able to bench at least what I did in high school but it wasn't the case. I actually think the physical labor we do everyday plus the fact that I was running on the treadmill and do push ups and crunches every now and then helped with not being as sore.

After 2 months my strength is coming back and I see a change in my body. I know I will never get back to how I was when I was 20 years old and in the Army and weighed 195 lbs and wore 32" pants but if I can look better and lose some of my spare tire I'll be happy.

clean-sweep

Jan 7, 2010
kentucky
Real Name
ryan hill
Business Location
United States
I have been lifting weights for about 2 months now after 20+ years of not lifting. 2 things that surprised me, #1 I'm not as strong as I thought I was and #2 I was no where near as sore as I was expecting.

I figured as a grown man that works everyday doing physical work I would of been able to bench at least what I did in high school but it wasn't the case. I actually think the physical labor we do everyday plus the fact that I was running on the treadmill and do push ups and crunches every now and then helped with not being as sore.

After 2 months my strength is coming back and I see a change in my body. I know I will never get back to how I was when I was 20 years old and in the Army and weighed 195 lbs and wore 32" pants but if I can look better and lose some of my spare tire I'll be happy.
Welcome to aging horribly. We've been waiting for you!

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Welcome to aging horribly. We've been waiting for you!
I just got a hair cut so you can't see the grey hairs and am clean shaven with no facial hair, as long as I wear a hat to cover my receding hair line I can pass for a 35 year old :)

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

I doctor always tells me that. I say look doc, I just spent a month moving 2 tons of landscaping rocks, everyday at work is a physical workout, I do like 2,000 steps while working. And she's like it doesn't count, it needs to be at a sustained rate and not at work.

I got these fairly big arms with veins bulging everywhere, but I can't dead lift 80 pounds to save my life anymore.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I doctor always tells me that. I say look doc, I just spent a month moving 2 tons of landscaping rocks, everyday at work is a physical workout, I do like 2,000 steps while working. And she's like it doesn't count, it needs to be at a sustained rate and not at work.

I got these fairly big arms with veins bulging everywhere, but I can't dead lift 80 pounds to save my life anymore.
Funny I just finished a leg workout. I did sets deadlifting 150 lbs but squats are my weakness. I did sets squating with 105 lbs, it's improving slowly but I still still low.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

With all do respect, you're wrong about your statement that you can't get to the former state of body and mind. If guy with staples in his head, broken vertebrae and two cut veins supplying his brain could climb 20K feet peak( Meru) so can you reach your goal.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
With all do respect, you're wrong about your statement that you can't get to the former state of body and mind. If guy with staples in his head, broken vertebrae and two cut veins supplying his brain could climb 20K feet peak( Meru) so can you reach your goal.

You watched the docu huh?

It was good...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You watched the docu huh?

It was good...
Yes, sir still don't understand how people could have overcome constant frostbites , thin air, hunger and still behave gracefully. I watched it twice, it's almost unbelievable what human body can take( amazing survival in avalanche) Guy hands were shaking a little, but his spirit was much better then mine after solution line bursting in the customers house

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Yes, sir still don't understand how people could have overcome constant frostbites , thin air, hunger and still behave gracefully. I watched it twice, it's almost unbelievable what human body can take( amazing survival in avalanche) Guy hands were shaking a little, but his spirit was much better then mine after solution line bursting in the customers house

Yuppp, I'm in a FB group called 14ers, full of experienced hikers and climbers and what I always ask myself is why are these guys so poised to put themselves through so much shit, what motivates them? They still hike these mountains during the winter, in negative weather! When it comes to recreational activities, I just don't have that gene in me and I wish I did sometimes...

I've hiked the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks in the country but it was always in great weather.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Yuppp, I'm in a FB group called 14ers, full of experienced hikers and climbers and what I always ask myself is why are these guys so poised to put themselves through so much shit, what motivates them? They still hike these mountains during the winter, in negative weather! When it comes to recreational activities, I just don't have that gene in me and I wish I did sometimes...

I've hiked the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks in the country but it was always in great weather.
That gear must be expensive as well , conditioning quite extensive, the whole package. I guess you grow as you go, but you must be mentally and physically strong to begin with. This sport is not for whimpering kids

Reactions: Jose Holguin

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States

:(

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
That gear must be expensive as well , conditioning quite extensive, the whole package. I guess you grow as you go, but you must be mentally and physically strong to begin with. This sport is not for whimpering kids
Back in days I liked cross country skiing, I used to go on 20-30 miles trips. I didn't realize that this can be dangerous if you underestimating mother nature. On one of the trips, when wheater was crispy but sun was up, I was approaching end of valley and snow started to mix with an icy patches. I took down skiis and start exploring the hill, even though surface was icy all the way up. I kind of knew that I need claws instead of light shoes I wore. After covering about 200" I have slipped and was sliding down trying to slow the speed by catching small bushes and passing huge rocks. When my fall was finally over, I was stressed out, but unharmed. On my way back to the camp my broke and I had to walk about 7 mile in deep snow. I got back around 10 pm and my friends were already looking for
me. I was very happy that my 12 hours trip didn't end as disastrous one. I learned my lesson ....

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You are right I probably could get back into shape like I was when I was 20 if I was able to dedicate more time to it. 20+ years of abusing my body and not taking care of it would require a lot more time then 1-2 hours a day but I'm slowly getting there.

Reactions: Luky

Seppoz

Aug 1, 2017
Real Name
Adam Ewan
Keep up the good work for everyone who want to lose some extra pounds ;) It's a big improvement in life quality and big relief for your knees :D

Reactions: KeepItCleanCarpets

KeepItCleanCarpets

Apr 16, 2016
Real Name
Miguel Cedeno
I'm 2 weeks in my plant based diet. My energy is through the roof and was able to get the whole family involved. I have lost 15 pounds, thanks to the universal wand stroke.

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
After a battle with stage 3 melanoma and 2 heart stents over a period of 3 years. i decided its now or never. I got on the treadmill working my way up to 4 miles a day sometimes 7 if i lost track. I stopped smoking, drinking and started eating clean. No sugar, breads or processed foods. I wouldn't eat anything that came from a box or bag. With the exception of Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries and canned wild cought tuna and salmon . I only ate chicken and fish with vegetables. I mixed guacamole with the tuna instead of mayonnaise. I only drank water and green tea and my snack at night was a small amount of nuts. Count calories 1,500 for 5 days 600 for 2 days (any 2 days out of the week it dont have to be 2 in a row) i went from 200 lbs to 154 lbs @ 6' tall. I was losing like 2 to 3 lbs a week. I decided 160 lbs was a perfect weight and stayed there for over a year. I now weigh 175 because i stopped the treadmill but i still eat mostly clean. It really feels good to be able to move and just be able to tie you're shoes without losing your breath. Good luck everyone. IT CAN BE DONE IF YOU HAVE THE DESIRE.

Reactions: Chris F.