Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Starting a weight off today... I am tired of being overweight!!

aspenedelen

Premium VIP
Mar 21, 2006
www.louiescarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Anthony Edelen
Business Location
United States
Troy, you have to start somewhere eh?

For me, I noticed that when I cut out soft drinks and Rockstar and actually exercised in the morning it seemed the weight just peeled off. Now that I am back from my long 2+week vaca I brought back old habits and some of the weight has returned. Time to get back in the saddle and start back up again.

Reactions: Troyster
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
was 24o lbs in May! just cut out soft drinks and snacking and late night junk food binges and today I am 218 lbs! Still a lot for being 5'6" but a start
22 lbs is good, keep it up and you will be under 200 by next May. Heck by the time the convention rolls around in September you will be sporting a Speedo in Vegas.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
That can be a personal goal for him, that's about 2 pounds a month:D
Agree John! the toughest part is getting through the freezing cold winters here without putting on weight! If I can do that the spring and summer will be a breeze to shed pounds! thinking of going to the pool and gym a lot in the winter to achieve this!

speakerwire

Jul 2, 2009
In the Snow
Real Name
John D
Business Location
United States
This is how I roll:D

Find-Success-With-the-Atkins-Diet.jpg

speakerwire

Jul 2, 2009
In the Snow
Real Name
John D
Business Location
United States
Agree John! the toughest part is getting through the freezing cold winters here without putting on weight! If I can do that the spring and summer will be a breeze to shed pounds! thinking of going to the pool and gym a lot in the winter to achieve this!

I freaking hate the cold and the snow!

Here's an idea you could get elliptical and mount the laptop to the handle.

images

speakerwire

Jul 2, 2009
In the Snow
Real Name
John D
Business Location
United States
is that the protein diet?

It's low carb high protien.
The first part is to cut sugar out and reduce carbohydrates to about 20 grams a day
for the first couple of weeks or longer if you have more weight to loose.

After the first Induction phase carbohydrates are re-introduced in five gram increments as well as
some of the food that was cut out during "Induction".

So the first thing I quit was flavored coffee creamers and switched
to half and half and Splenda.

Last edited:

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I stopped eating wheat in early August and have lost 14Lbs. Apart from the weight I lost, I also dont want to fall asleep after my lunch, which was usually a sandwich but is now (usually) a salad. I also now eat about 10 eggs or more a week. I rarely drink cola or other sugary drinks and never have energy drinks. I will start running again I think or maybe get my bike out on a trainer or rollers. For the firth time in a long time, I actually feel I want to exercise.

Bex

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
As a quick positive note.
Weight will fluctuate. Depending on bathroom breaks and how much salt you had last night amoung many other things ... inflamation anyone ?
Unless you are trying to make weight for a sporting contest ... weight means nothing. Lets talk fat loss.
We are looking for a downward trend. Weigh yourself and write it down. As long as its a downward trend over time fat loss is *usually* happening.

Some ppl can vary 5 pounds a day ... yikes. Imagine working so hard all day and gaining weight ... look for the trend.

Unless you have done something crazy crazy crazy. You did not gain ten pounds over a four day period. Not 10 pounds of fat anyways. Nor did you *burn* 10 pounds wprking out all weekend either (possible just not probable). For my weight ... one pound of fat plus a large gatorade ... total calories around 3800. Thats enough energy to run 26.2 miles. Thats a marathon times ten for ten pounds of fat. Thats staggering ...
So as long as you are seeing a downward trend .... keep going and do not worry about the daily ups n downs on the scale.

Reactions: aloha one

Carpet Cops

Nov 25, 2014
www.carpetcops.ie
Real Name
Aivaras Briaunys
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
Try Not to use any mayonnaise , as low as possible bread or potatoes, replace that with rice,pasta and so on , ketchup as well contain a lot sugar

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Try Not to use any mayonnaise , as low as possible bread or potatoes, replace that with rice,pasta and so on , ketchup as well contain a lot sugar
Happy New year to all of you skinny guys( by now). I'm bored, like most of you these days, when work is down and I looked up this old thread to learn that nothing was posted since the end of 2014. Is everyone reached their goals? With a begining of new year , there are new goals to be set and goals don't have to be always about bottom line, they're can be about our actual bottoms, so let's see where everyone is standing . Where is Magnificent 11 from 2012?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I hot the weights today and then I ate a huge bowl ice cream. True story.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I hot the weights today and then I ate a huge bowl ice cream. True story.
I think that from all the mammals, human beings are the least respnsible when comes to weight management. I have never been considered overweight by medical standards or by peers, but at 5'11" weighing 182 lb I don't feel that my weight is distributed properly. So in 2017 I do not want atrophic leg muscles, will aim for broader shoulders, less of love handles and more of defined chest. This alone should make my job easier and hopefully giving me more energy. I promise to spend whole January vacationing( son bought us 10 days on Clearwater for our big 30 th. anniversary and we treat ourself also with jasmine, gardenia and other tropical scents away from snowy wheater I walk 10 K to a 15 K steps daily, it should be walk of joy, not a torture, would you agree?
By the way I love Lavazza ice , pomegranate, wild berry, all the berry. One pint lasts only about 10 minutes....
Stay strong and prosperous, everyone.