Starter Portable

amerchant7

Apr 17, 2018
Real Name
Andy Merchant
Hey guys I own a small commercial janitorial business in Lafayette, Louisiana. I've been following the forum and would like to work my way into the business. I'm considering starting with a portable and then working my way up to truck mount. My goal is to work for myself and I think this may be a faster route vs trying to find offices to clean. I have a couple customers who could use some floor work. My question is what would be an ideal starter portable machine? I would like to get a portable machine that could clean these floors and I could also clean carpets with. Lately I've seen good things about the Mytee machine. Would this be a good route?

Attachments

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
No kidding those floors need some work !! As far as a portable helping you out ......... A tile wand from CalTool and a 500 psi . pump to rinse in that “ starter portable “ would be what you’re looking at . TBH , you’re going to need some strong cleaner , a 175 floor machine , pads and a good shop vac for the ones pictured . A tile brush for the ceramic too .
All the Best , Ed

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
cant really get a starter portable for that....
yes heavy on the 175 scrubbing
i would suggest getting a pressure washer with deisel heater...
this one has a bypass you can plum into your water tank to keep it from burning up the pump

and a rotovac CFX with their pumpout

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I would go to rotovac there ranger extractor is pretty awesome getting yourself a 360i will work with any extractor and would be a great setup starting out