Start from scratch or buy one? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Start from scratch or buy one?

ant0007

Apr 29, 2021
Real Name
Andy Thao
Hello everyone,

I’ve been thinking about starting my own carpet cleaning business and stumbled on one that is selling for $65k here in California. It’ll come with one car, cleaning equipment, along with some recurring clients and one employee who has been working there for close to a year, with over 10 years of experience.

I know nothing about carpet cleaning and so I think that buying one would benefit me more with hopes that the employee will be able to show me the ropes. Also, I’m not able to commit full time to this job yet because I’m still employed full time but will be jumping back and forth between my day job and this business.

My question is, would it be better to start from the ground up or buy one outright? What are your guys thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Use your scratch to buy one. Why scratch up your life when you can walk right in and run a business off of someone else's scratch investment?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
For 65k you could almost own a truck outright all brand new, high quality mount. New van.

I say start from the ground up. Make it your own. Put $20k down on a new set up. This business isn't complicated, but you'll need experience. If you need rope showing find a brother in your market willing to put you on a trucknfor a day.

Invest in marketing.