Starfire Truckmount Ride a Long Bootcamp Video!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We've decided to add to our Starfire and Profire truck mounts a free Ride a long Bootcamp. What better way to learn how to use a new truck mount than in the field? So that's what we are doing, free ride a long, free chemicals, free consulting and free training! We want to offer the best machine and best value in the industry and so far many are loving it. So if you are considering a new machine, a great 1 wand like the Starfire or a crazy good 2 wand like the Profire inside the value we at TMF are offering!

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
That assist handle is so low, my back hurts watching the video. I just took an extra mobic for him lol

Good information, just make sure that the ride along Shemp learns good form. That guy is sore under his non dominant shoulder and lower back pushing a high lift TM wand all day with some random midgets wand.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
That assist handle is so low, my back hurts watching the video. I just took an extra mobic for him lol

Good information, just make sure that the ride along Shemp learns good form. That guy is sore under his non dominant shoulder and lower back pushing a high lift TM wand all day with some random midgets wand.
As always, your observation is right on point.
Have you seen one of the tv commercials for SS running last year? Technician was holding his wand way below his waist level.
I like my assist handle a smidge lower( longer arms advantage) but high enough to provide good comfort since I have side handle and less strain on right shoulder.
Seriously, when I'm wanding for hours on end, I try to fix my posture by envisioning videos I've watched and didn't like.
" poor posture can cause muscle tension, as well as back pain, joint pain, and reduced circulation."
Aren't we all guilty of doing just that?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
As always, your observation is right on point.
Have you seen one of the tv commercials for SS running last year? Technician was holding his wand way below his waist level.
I like my assist handle a smidge lower( longer arms advantage) but high enough to provide good comfort since I have side handle and less strain on right shoulder.
Seriously, when I'm wanding for hours on end, I try to fix my posture by envisioning videos I've watched and didn't like.
" poor posture can cause muscle tension, as well as back pain, joint pain, and reduced circulation."
Aren't we all guilty of doing just that?

My entire job is observing how the soil got there, identifying the fiber it's attached to and how to remove it as profitably as possible. We are dirt detectives....

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Easy guys it was his first job and the guy who used that truck likes the lower handle. I had him upright and cleaning properly by the end of the job. That's what a bootcamp is all about! ;)

Reactions: Jim Davisson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Quick question @rob allen I spoke to a former Steam Action owner and he says the hi tinisile stainless steel tubing was actually a detriment because of the very high heat and high pressure of the machine it actually wore out much faster and rusted much quicker than high pressure hose.

What's your take on this?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Quick question @rob allen I spoke to a former Steam Action owner and he says the hi tinisile stainless steel tubing was actually a detriment because of the very high heat and high pressure of the machine it actually wore out much faster and rusted much quicker than high pressure hose.

What's your take on this?
Never heard that but let's ask Sammy. And how does stainless rust?

@Sammy

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ya stainless usually wont rust, ive had it develope surface rust when someone used a carbon steel drill brush to clean it up once. Dont ask who that someone was lol.

Reactions: rob allen

Sammy

Mar 7, 2020
Real Name
Sammy Sales
@SRD you can get surface rust on stainless just by using a stainless brush on carbon steel and going back to stainless. Best way to prevent any rust at all and keeping it shiny is by just wiping your stainless down every couple months with spray wax.

Reactions: rob allen and SRD

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well you won't be able to wipe the inside of the tubing obviously, and I believe that is where his concern was. He is not a TMF member but he said for now he wasn't sure his name is important lol. He said it was a very good truck mount, just that he preferred the hoses over the stainless tubing.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well you won't be able to wipe the inside of the tubing obviously, and I believe that is where his concern was. He is not a TMF member but he said for now he wasn't sure his name is important lol. He said it was a very good truck mount, just that he preferred the hoses over the stainless tubing.
Not a member, doesn't want to reveal his name and says he has an issue. You know that sounds "suspect" at best right?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
No? Not everyone wants to be involved or put under a microscope, you should know that best Rob.

He even said it's a good mount - he just said his concern was the tubing. It's ok to ask questions and get feedback/opinions without turning it into a witch hunt.

Reactions: mrotto

Sammy

Mar 7, 2020
Real Name
Sammy Sales
@OxiFreshGuy I was only asking his name Bc I would look up his purchase to call and talk to him. Or you can have him call me 1-800-445-6866. It would be impossible for the stainless tubing to get rust inside them. If for any reason anyone preferred hoses over the stainless tubing I would have no problem putting hoses on their machine for them.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
this isnt the first time an issue with Steam Action TMs has come up. Right away they want to know the owners name.

But its ok to put a negative slant on other Manufacturers of TMs and Parts without getting into specifics

its become the norm of the board...

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
No? Not everyone wants to be involved or put under a microscope, you should know that best Rob.

He even said it's a good mount - he just said his concern was the tubing. It's ok to ask questions and get feedback/opinions without turning it into a witch hunt.
I live under the microscope this is true. But I also believe in transparency. Not like he would be ostracized. Rather it would be to get more details to ascertain the issue more closely.

Reactions: Sammy

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
this isnt the first time an issue with Steam Action TMs has come up. Right away they want to know the owners name.

But its ok to put a negative slant on other Manufacturers of TMs and Parts without getting into specifics

If someone said they had issue with your carpet cleaning would you want their name to try and make things right? Would you not try and turn a negative into a positive?

Reactions: SRD and Sammy

Sammy

Mar 7, 2020
Real Name
Sammy Sales

I like to get to the bottom of the problem and get it fix properly. How else do you do that other than to talk to them directly?

Reactions: SRD

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I don't know how wise is to put the shoe covers on a dirty sprayed carpet because the tech will drag that dirt from the sprayed carpet to other floor type or back to the cleaned carpet, I rather put them on when I will be walking on a cleaned carpet.