Stains

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I had to take my steam equipment out today because of this thread too lol. I have a few, but think I want one of these smaller types. Look so much easier to handle.

mrblazer

Mar 29, 2015
Real Name
Sergio esquivel
Business Location
United States
Just found this.
Nope
It was their envirex version ( green) TLC with green lettering (no ultra).
They no longer manufacture it. Apparently not a lot of sales.

The one on the above picture is the regular version.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I had to take my steam equipment out today because of this thread too lol. I have a few, but think I want one of these smaller types. Look so much easier to handle.
It is easy to use but has a very small water capacity. Still, you can do several stains with a single fill of a few ounces and you can walk away from it for just a minute or two while it works. I highly recommend using ONLY distilled water or you will develop problems pretty quick. I buy a gallon of distilled water and keep it beside my steamer on the shelf in my van. I've been using the same B & D steamer for several years now. Even using strictly distilled water I just started having trouble with it and need to see if I can descale it with some white vinegar this week.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I forgot I purchased a “Pure” steamer from amazon. It’s got a large head for a steaming pad. While it’s bigger then these wallpaper steamers it’s all bought and paid for. I think I’ll keep it in the truck. AZ is known for terrible hard water so I hear ya on distilled!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
From what I can see of your spots there, it looks like you might have successfully removed the organic portions of the color (through oxidation) and the synthetic dyes or pigments still remain. If this is the case, a reducing agent like Red One, or a two-part reducer like Red Zone or Red Relief, should handle the rest, especially when used with one of the power steamers the guys are recommending above.

The blue in particular looks like it may have been an ink, from the way it's feathering and fading...?