Stains coming back! So Weird! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Stains coming back! So Weird!

nogo1024

Jul 17, 2019
Real Name
Ian Choi
Hi there,

So, last year, my client said that she has a stain on the loop carpet (check the photo below! that's a loop carpet) and she wasn't sure what caused the stain, maybe a spilled coffee of something. The weird thing was, the stain immediately disappeared when i sprayed any kind of liquid such as pre-spray, spot remover or even water. And when it is dried, it comes back. It happened a few times and i gave up. And today, my another client called me and said she just spilled the drink(mixture of ground beets, blueberry and others). I went there and sprayed my pre-spray and it disappeared right away, even before i used a wand for the steam cleaning. I have no idea if that has come back yet though. In my experience, it seems it only happens on the loop carpet. Any advise for me please!? Thanks :)

IMG_0711.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 101

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Loop carpet is typically made from Olefin or Polypropylene, it is NON-absorbent so any water based liquid or stain will pass right through it. You need to spray some pre-spray on a towel or bonnet and absorb up the stain. Otherwise, you are causing it to travel deep back inside and then through capillary action, it will "wick" back up.

Reactions: LeeRoy

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Polypropylene also known as Olefin is Ole/Lipo Phillic (oil loving) and Hydrophobic (afraid/water hating)

too much pressure and over wetting will give you these issues. Apply a light oxidizer or a Oxy based encap or lightly mist on unchained and do a quick pass and multiple dry passes.

turn your psi down to 200psi max

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Yep, all of the above. Part of the equation is how much /large(volume was the original spill. You realitically can not pull it up from below and out of the pad, if it has soaked in. If you apply any moisture, without completely getting all of the offending soil out, as it dries , it will wick back up .

Unless you approach it like a urine job. Flush with a subsurface tool of some sort.