Stained concrete floor finish | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Stained concrete floor finish

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
I have a customer with about 1200 sqft of stained concrete floor in a restraunt. She wants a high gloss finish put down. Looking for suggestions on what type of finish to use. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Floor Restore

Feb 20, 2013
Winter Haven, FL
Real Name
Bryan Meeks
Business Location
United States
Reactions: carpettom

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
Put the high gloss sealer Tuesday night

Reactions: rob allen

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
Looks great! What is the benefit of the heat burnished product as opposed to the other? Is this product maintenance similar to a regular floor finish as far as stripping and recoating ?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Can someone help me with a similar floor? Can't tell if it's sealer or what. On two squares it's doing this. He said if I get the two squares right I get the whole carpets, rugs, furniture, tile and this floor

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
Which product did you use?
This is what I used, went to local janitorial supply and told him I wanted a high gloss finish for acid stained floor. $23 a gallon the picture is with 3 coats applied. It can be burnished. Bet it would look really good after furnishing. I was real happy with the application of this product

carpettom

Dec 7, 2014
Riverside Calif.
Real Name
tom cervino
I'm no expert on this subject this is the first time I've ever put finish on an acid stained concrete. Done many vinyl floors tho. I just used a brush on my 175 with a neutral cleaner to prepare the floor for the finish.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Can someone help me with a similar floor? Can't tell if it's sealer or what. On two squares it's doing this. He said if I get the two squares right I get the whole carpets, rugs, furniture, tile and this floor

Looks like it could be wax peeling or even moisture beneath causing separation is it powdery underneath?
I've had some with efflorescence issues that will cause the same problem since it won't allow for proper adhesion

Reactions: carpettom

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Looks like it could be wax peeling or even moisture beneath causing separation is it powdery underneath?
I've had some with efflorescence issues that will cause the same problem since it won't allow for proper adhesion
I agree, it's a topical that is failing. The challenge is what type of finish...
If you're lucky it's acrylic so it's just like VCT.
Or it could be an epoxy or poly which is brutal.
Test, test, test.