stain after black tiles with alkaline agent cleaning? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

stain after black tiles with alkaline agent cleaning?

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK

I use alkaline agent and some booster mix pre-spray and truckmount hot water rinse.Maybe there some water didn't vacuum off ,so customer told me next day there some stain left on the tiles.It didn't work when she use some family cleaning agent on it.It is weird that the other white tiles in the same house have no stain and residue left,why black tiles have it.
Guys ,told me how to do?

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
I would use Groutmaster. It’s the best tile and grout cleaning product hands down. Lots of rinsing and drying then a flat mop. Clean one room at a time don’t let the Groutmaster dry before rinsing. Some alkaline cleaners if not properly rinsed out will leave a residue. It looks like a layer of grout is missing like someone previously used an acid and didn’t neutralize the acid and you may have been left with a chemical mess.

TrevorOerding

Sep 26, 2019
Real Name
Trevor Oerding
This same thing happened to me using grout master. I put a little acid rinse on a rag and it came right out. It was that same exact tile.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
You only sprayed the grout lines and it started to dry.
Always do the grout lines first, then right before rinsing lightly mist the whole area with groutmaster.
Rinse thoroughly and then flat mop to even it out so it dries nicely.

BTW, alcohol glass cleaner will remove the residue. Hopes Perfect Glass Cleaner works great.

Reactions: TrevorOerding