Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I haven't found one I really like. I love the speed of the hydro force, but I don't use it over 250psi, and even then it fills the air with mist. I need to try some different tips with it. The worx and other battery sprayers held closer to the carpet work well, but I don't like pre mixing a bucket and it's slow. I usually do commercial with no one around so I'll use the hydro force and a respirator usually. Not sure what is do in a house. I like the looks of the one Kevin Bought. Rolling it out might be annoying, but not too bad.
And less than $200 plus 5% discount on Amazon

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
All these posts and not one person mentioned that how you spray your pre spray has an enormous effect on how much you breath in. I'm not en expert because I don't do carpet every day like some of you. But I do have a hydro force and several pump/battery sprayers. Using 400+psi and spraying with the wand farther from the carpet like some suggested adds huge amounts of chemical to the air. Less pressure and a bigger tip that dossent make it mist as much is a good idea for anyone using it every day. Go to any carpet cleaning convention or store and all the old guys have lung problems. Not worth it when it's not that difficult to get less of it in the air.

I have to agree with you 100%. To me higher pressure is almost pointless nowadays because most cleaners use some sort of agitation tool

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
This is my 4 Gallon Hudson Never Pump Sprayer. Put a good wand and shut off on it and you have an excellent sprayer. If you take care of it, the pump will last for years and it holds a charge for many hours. Excellent sprayer !

It does get heavy when it's full with 4 gallons of water. It has shoulder straps but I never use them.

About $115 on Amazon

downsized_1211190854.jpg

Last edited:

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I have to agree with you 100%. To me higher pressure is almost pointless nowadays because most cleaners use some sort of agitation tool
This is true, a lot of us do use some sort of agitation, no real need to pre spray at 400 psi holding the sprayer tip too high off the surface of the carpet getting all that mist in the air that we breath into our lungs. (Says the guy who somkes cigarettes) just kidding i quit 8 yrs ago

Nothing wrong with a lower psi with the right tip and holding the sprayer closer to the carpet avoiding a lot of the mist, even if it takes a little longer, everyones so hung up on "time"

I value my health more then the time it takes to pre spray.
And how much time are we really talking about anyway between using a hydro force and a good say 90psi batterysprayer
if i could pre spray a room in 1 minute with a hydro force and it took 3 minutes with a battery sprayer and i had a four room job thats only 8 minutes more

Whats more important, your lungs or 8 minutes. I think i'll put my health 1st

Reactions: smart n kleen

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
This is true, a lot of us do use some sort of agitation, no real need to pre spray at 400 psi holding the sprayer tip too high off the surface of the carpet getting all that mist in the air that we breath into our lungs. (Says the guy who somkes cigarettes) just kidding i quit 8 yrs ago

Nothing wrong with a lower psi with the right tip and holding the sprayer closer to the carpet avoiding a lot of the mist, even if it takes a little longer, everyones so hung up on "time"

And how much time are we really talking about anyway between using a hydro force and a good say 90psi batterysprayer
if i could pre spray a room in 1 minute with a hydro force and it took 3 minutes with a battery sprayer and i had a four room job thats only 8 minutes more

I’m going to make my own sprayer. Like one of those you put on the back of a four wheeler to spray your fields if you’re a farmer. I’m going to put one in my van with a 150 foot hose so I don’t have to carry it anymore and hook it to my truckmount. I will send pictures when I’m done

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
That is a really good idea. A small 12volt pump could easily run off your truck battery. Only downside I see is the line that long would actually hold a substantial amount of pre spray. Not an issue if you use your truck every day. I use mine a few times a month, so it would clog up.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I’m going to make my own sprayer. Like one of those you put on the back of a four wheeler to spray your fields if you’re a farmer. I’m going to put one in my van with a 150 foot hose so I don’t have to carry it anymore and hook it to my truckmount. I will send pictures when I’m done
Cool, send picks when your done. I thought of the same thing, only drawback is it's another hose to have to deal with. The one i just bought comes with a 100 foot hose and is on a nice wheeled cart, so i could just leave it at the front door in most cases. But i also have a 20 foot hose for it as well and will just most likely just use that, bring in inside and wheel it where i need it in place of having to deal with another long hose

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Cool, send picks when your done. I thought of the same thing, only drawback is it's another hose to have to deal with. The one i just bought comes with a 100 foot hose and is on a nice wheeled cart, so i could just leave it at the front door in most cases. But i also have a 20 foot hose for it as well and will just most likely just use that, bring in inside and wheel it where i need it in place of having to deal with another long hose
Be careful of the front leg, it’s not covered and can scratch some surfaces. I’m going to fix that too.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Not sure if I have read a strong argument how using a the hydro force correctly causes more damage to ones lungs.

Did I miss it?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

I'm trying to understand why you and @ smart n cleen are trying to design a completely new class of battery sprayers. If sprayer is going to be in the van and something goes wrong with it ( and eventually it will, e.g clogged filter) than you have to run back to the van and fix it, instead working on hydro force directly. I see playing with your battery sprayers in summer time, but doing this in winter is just plain ineffective. Your thin plastic line will freeze in matter of seconds sitting on the frozen ground. Same thing can happen to a Neptune , or any solution line if you're not moving quick enough. Don't forget, once warm, hot water starts running trough line, you're golden and worry free. If you think that atomization from your battery operated sprayer will be lesser, it all depends what spray pattern are you using at the tip of spray wand
( hopefully not a mist nozzle). Why not adjust pressure regulator on TM or porty to a desired pressure and proceed with injection sprayer. You'll get right ( or more accurate dilution) . IMO what's important about playin down prespray is a technique. 12"-15" off of the floor and pointing wand straight down, not swinging it like a tennis rocket, will get you satisfactory results.
I would like to see you making some innovative moves, not going back in time.
I don't mean all that in derogatory way, I'm just saying that prevac, prespray, crb-ing or whatever means of getting carpet clean are being used should be one smooth process and playing with a plastic/ vinyl tubing with no flexibility ( not in freezing temps) ain't going to cut it.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Not sure if I have read a strong argument how using a the hydro force correctly causes more damage to ones lungs.

Did I miss it?
I hope I answered your question...

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm trying to understand why you and @ smart n cleen are trying to design a completely new class of battery sprayers. If sprayer is going to be in the van and something goes wrong with it ( and eventually it will, e.g clogged filter) than you have to run back to the van and fix it, instead working on hydro force directly. I see playing with your battery sprayers in summer time, but doing this in winter is just plain ineffective. Your thin plastic line will freeze in matter of seconds sitting on the frozen ground. Same thing can happen to a Neptune , or any solution line if you're not moving quick enough. Don't forget, once warm, hot water starts running trough line, you're golden and worry free. If you think that atomization from your battery operated sprayer will be lesser, it all depends what spray pattern are you using at the tip of spray wand
( hopefully not a mist nozzle). Why not adjust pressure regulator on TM or porty to a desired pressure and proceed with injection sprayer. You'll get right ( or more accurate dilution) . IMO what's important about playin down prespray is a technique. 12"-15" off of the floor and pointing wand straight down, not swinging it like a tennis rocket, will get you satisfactory results.
I don't mean all that in derogatory way, I'm just saying that prevac, prespray, crb-ing or whatever means of getting carpet clean are being used should be one smooth process and playing with a plastic/ vinyl tubing with no flexibility ( not in freezing temps) ain't going to cut it.
Good point but I have a portable sprayer also. What if you’re using a chemical rinse and you’re using the hydraforce doesn’t that mess with your prespray? I have 2 employees so we are pretty quick and the prespray hose doesn’t freeze. If it’s that cold I won’t take a $25,000 dollar unit out in the elements, I’ll just bring my low moisture trailer.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I’ve been using this for upholstery and small jobs. Works good.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Except half the country never freezes. I think hydro force should just come out with a built in small pressure regulator inline.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Except half the country never freezes. I think hydro force should just come out with a built in small pressure regulator inline.

They already do. They're more expensive and I hear they fail a lot.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
You right, I didn't think of the temperatures factor in general. I was reacting to Kevin's situation , I believe he's somewhere in CA.