Sprayers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sprayers

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I've spent thousands on battery powered sprayers and they've all died on me. Even the plug in one died on me.
NormallyI use my Hydroforce. But for upholstery, and back up, I've gotten this. Way cheaper, 3 year warranty. Cant' beat it.
They're also on sale right now for $80!

For those of us who do not have a TM and use portables, can a worx still be used? I am currently using a battery sprayer on wheels, cost about $150, but they usually only last me a few months, although I do not do carpet all the time, and there are times when I do not flush with fresh water, the battery just shuts off so been looking for a sprayer myself and heard of the Worx. Ty!

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Friend of my got Petra, I can ask him for a feedback. He showed it to me at Interlink appreciation day about 2 months ago. It should be enough time to know how it works ...
Personally, I don't care about electric sprayers, if I opted for one, it would be a 2 quarts hand pump, so I don't have to pump it while working on upholstery and trying to get fine mist...

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
How long have you had yours, how do you like it and what are you customizing on it
I haven’t used it yet. I’ve only had it a couple weeks. I’m putting new softer hose and new plumbing. I don’t like the way the hoses are sealed. I’m also making it a inches instead of metric

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I haven’t used it yet. I’ve only had it a couple weeks. I’m putting new softer hose and new plumbing. I don’t like the way the hoses are sealed. I’m also making it a inches instead of metric
Ok, cool keep me posted on how you do that, mine came with a 100 foot of hose, but if you go to their website you can buy different lenghts they have a 10 foot a 20 foot and a 50 foot available and of course the 100 foot that it comes with, i just orderd the 20 foot one

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
For those of us who do not have a TM and use portables, can a worx still be used? I am currently using a battery sprayer on wheels, cost about $150, but they usually only last me a few months, although I do not do carpet all the time, and there are times when I do not flush with fresh water, the battery just shuts off so been looking for a sprayer myself and heard of the Worx. Ty!
Worx is fine with a portable

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Damn! You've spent thousands on powered sprayers? How are you using them? I'm still in the hundred$ in pump up sprayers and a hydroforce. I've been wanting a powered sprayer for a while. I use a pump up sprayer as of now.

I spent all that money on battery powered sprayers that are common in our industry. 3 were battery operated, one was even a plug in. They all fail don me and ended up in the trash cans as repairing them was too expensive. The Hydraforce is my main tool. But I still prefer to have a battery powered sprayer in my arsenal.

Reactions: Fedri and lmullica

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The Worx Sprayer comes with a 3 year warranty. It's a stand alone sprayer. You can use it by itself with a portable, truck mount, even when encaping. I'm totally done with the battery and even electrical plug in sprayers that are marketed to us carpet cleaners.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Damn! You've spent thousands on powered sprayers? How are you using them? I'm still in the hundred$ in pump up sprayers and a hydroforce. I've been wanting a powered sprayer for a while. I use a pump up sprayer as of now.
Pump up sprayers are a waste of time. They also break on me too. I was talking about battery powered sprayers marketed to carpet cleaners. They' expensive prices of crap. IMHO

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Ok, cool keep me posted on how you do that, mine came with a 100 foot of hose, but if you go to their website you can buy different lenghts they have a 10 foot a 20 foot and a 50 foot available and of course the 100 foot that it comes with, i just orderd the 20 foot one
F85E0B54-0C31-49D5-AED9-EE696DEB2F0B.jpeg
FF9DDBB1-8B79-4352-9EE6-37A3060569EC.jpeg
F934D0CD-3F38-4797-98E1-4844523B0917.jpeg
A0F8242F-B750-4031-8330-586B76B33714.jpeg
7253FC28-F1D0-4C4D-AA96-0DAED70C8516.jpeg

Reactions: keep it clean

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I also had love hate relationship with my hydro force but always came back to it. I would never go back to any other type, change them every few years.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Nice job I like it, thanks for sharing. now I know what i gotta do
I started at the end of the hose that comes out of the pump and got a three eights barb with a quarter inch threads and went from there

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
All these posts and not one person mentioned that how you spray your pre spray has an enormous effect on how much you breath in. I'm not en expert because I don't do carpet every day like some of you. But I do have a hydro force and several pump/battery sprayers. Using 400+psi and spraying with the wand farther from the carpet like some suggested adds huge amounts of chemical to the air. Less pressure and a bigger tip that dossent make it mist as much is a good idea for anyone using it every day. Go to any carpet cleaning convention or store and all the old guys have lung problems. Not worth it when it's not that difficult to get less of it in the air.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
All these posts and not one person mentioned that how you spray your pre spray has an enormous effect on how much you breath in. I'm not en expert because I don't do carpet every day like some of you. But I do have a hydro force and several pump/battery sprayers. Using 400+psi and spraying with the wand farther from the carpet like some suggested adds huge amounts of chemical to the air. Less pressure and a bigger tip that dossent make it mist as much is a good idea for anyone using it every day. Go to any carpet cleaning convention or store and all the old guys have lung problems. Not worth it when it's not that difficult to get less of it in the air.
Which is your "go to" sprayer?

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I haven't found one I really like. I love the speed of the hydro force, but I don't use it over 250psi, and even then it fills the air with mist. I need to try some different tips with it. The worx and other battery sprayers held closer to the carpet work well, but I don't like pre mixing a bucket and it's slow. I usually do commercial with no one around so I'll use the hydro force and a respirator usually. Not sure what is do in a house. I like the looks of the one Kevin Bought. Rolling it out might be annoying, but not too bad.