Sprayers | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Sprayers

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin

thinking about one of these, i like the fact that the pump is on the outside and would be very easy to change or upgrade. leave it outside at the truck, fill using hot water from the TM, put a longer hose on it. Or put on a cart/handtruck and sit outside front door. 16 gallon capacity is nice.

I have a love/hate relationship with my hydroforce, pump ups good to keep around Just in case, no matter what you use. Have used battery ones as well, Some better then others. Can't bring myself to spend 5 or $600 on a sprayer. It's just a plastic tank with a pump for gods sake, for the most part

i'd rather spend 100-150 $$'s on a battery one and if i get up to two years out of it, toss it get another and be done. Tired of screwing around with these things

I keep my pump at 400psi when cleaning and hate having to connect and disconnect all the time to switch between hydroforce and wand, plus who needs 400psi to spray your pre spray, what you gonna do run back and forth to your truck to change the psi everytime you switch between hydroforce and wand.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I think I found the sprayer i'll buy. love the 100 foot hose it has, great option and 6.5 gallon tank too instead of just 4 or 5 gallon. ya get an extra 1.5 gallon

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I think I found the sprayer i'll buy. love the 100 foot hose it has, great option and 6.5 gallon tank too instead of just 4 or 5 gallon. ya get an extra 1.5 gallon

I just bought one of these. Well made but everything is metric. I’m switching them over now. For the price you can’t beat them

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The penguin sprayer is over $600. Not built like they used to. Thin plastic, smaller battery, and a cheap pump. Not worth the money.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Are you talking about a sprayer for carpet pre spray?

You wont find anything more efficient than an inline, myself and many other have gone down that road and most always end up back at the hydro force.

Once we have all floor and wall protection laid down we have the hose figured 8 at the front door, spray our way in and clean our way out. Idk what could be faster

For tile/grout we pour from small bottle and flat mop to spread, upholstery we use trigger sprayers, VLM we use multi sprayer (never fails as long as your just using it for encap/protector.)

Reactions: Luky

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Are you talking about a sprayer for carpet pre spray?

You wont find anything more efficient than an inline, myself and many other have gone down that road and most always end up back at the hydro force.

Once we have all floor and wall protection laid down we have the hose figured 8 at the front door, spray our way in and clean our way out. Idk what could be faster

For tile/grout we pour from small bottle and flat mop to spread, upholstery we use trigger sprayers, VLM we use multi sprayer (never fails as long as your just using it for encap/protector.)
Yes for carpet pre spray, i have a love/hate relationship with my hydro force, currently in hate mode.

I keep some pump ups on my van at all times, cause , just in case. Slow but i can finish a job if i had to with a pump up. Have an old mytee battery sprayer that i used to use all the time but it needs a little help, its getting old have had it for 5 years now.
Also have one of these that i like and use some times

Don't like the spay tip that much but it works, this is my second one of these got two years out of the 1st one, i always used to rinse it out and run fresh water thru the pump after done for the day everyday, then got lazy and stopped doing that and it died.

So I think i'm gonna get the one i posted above, it has 70 psi pump which should be good enough, and also comes with a 100 foot hose which i like cause then you don't have to drag it around.

I'll let my helper handle hose management

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well ok I just bit the bullet and ordered this sprayer.
When i get it I'll give my feedback with some pics and maybe even a video

Reactions: smart n kleen

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Yes for carpet pre spray, i have a love/hate relationship with my hydro force, currently in hate mode.

I keep some pump ups on my van at all times, cause , just in case. Slow but i can finish a job if i had to with a pump up. Have an old mytee battery sprayer that i used to use all the time but it needs a little help, its getting old have had it for 5 years now.
Also have one of these that i like and use some times

Don't like the spay tip that much but it works, this is my second one of these got two years out of the 1st one, i always used to rinse it out and run fresh water thru the pump after done for the day everyday, then got lazy and stopped doing that and it died.

So I think i'm gonna get the one i posted above, it has 70 psi pump which should be good enough, and also comes with a 100 foot hose which i like cause then you don't have to drag it around.

I'll let my helper handle hose management
. Haven’t used an inline sprayer in quite some time. Was told once that for it to work correctly you actually have to have your pressure set to 300 psi which I’d tour not careful gets the carpet too wet and harder to rinse out. I also went through a lot more chemical than with the pump ups I use now. Yes it’s slower but atleast I’m saving on chemicals and I keep different ones depending on what I mix up. I’ve used battery sprayers before but hat how the battery fails because it’s always located on the bottom of the tank so when a hose/pump or something leaks which they all do it’s toast. I’m exploring just buying a sprayer with a large tank on a cart and long hose I can just plug in and leave by the front door.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
. Haven’t used an inline sprayer in quite some time. Was told once that for it to work correctly you actually have to have your pressure set to 300 psi which I’d tour not careful gets the carpet too wet and harder to rinse out. I also went through a lot more chemical than with the pump ups I use now. Yes it’s slower but atleast I’m saving on chemicals and I keep different ones depending on what I mix up. I’ve used battery sprayers before but hat how the battery fails because it’s always located on the bottom of the tank so when a hose/pump or something leaks which they all do it’s toast. I’m exploring just buying a sprayer with a large tank on a cart and long hose I can just plug in and leave by the front door.
This is the one I just ordered, has a 100 foot cord so no need to drag it around the house and will do just what you want

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
This is the one I just ordered, has a 100 foot cord so no need to drag it around the house and will do just what you want
Yeah. Report back on that one. Let us know how it holds up to the different chems we use.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I’m replacing all fittings for brass. Great sprayer though I’m also using my penguin sprayer gun sprayer.

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
I need a sprayer for protectant and since I already have a bunch of Milwaukee it’s tempting. Not a chance I’d give up my HF for prespray. Lol.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Let us know how you like it but honestly sounds like you just added another 100ft of hose to deal with.

What arent you liking about your hydro force?

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Let us know how you like it but honestly sounds like you just added another 100ft of hose to deal with.

What arent you liking about your hydro force?
Its another 100 foot of hose for my helper to deal with. But it does come with two hose's, other one is shorter so not a big deal at all. just nice to have the other hose if ya wanted to use it

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I hope that works out for you. I also have tried electric and good pump ups for carpet cleaning prespray and it just didn't work out too well for me either. At least, that's my 2 cents. I also think Hydroforce or inline sprayers still are better for applying carpet presprays using them at 1:4. Mine typically lasts me several years. They need an occasional repair kit and a new spray jet especially if you put them under really heavy use, but no worry about a battery going out in the middle of a job. Overall I think mine has been very dependable and well worth the money. I do prefer an electric sprayer for certain things like applying protection, deodorizers and especially applying upholstery prespray.

Reactions: Lc17smp