Spitfire 4.0 pulley size | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Spitfire 4.0 pulley size

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
Hi Guys,

I need to know the pulley size for the water pump on the blower side.. so the pulley that is on the blower shaft is stuffed and needs replacing, i don't think it was the original pulley as the water pump had some home made spacers..

I have checked the manuel and nothing on pulley size..

noting that the pulley on the water pump is fine i just need to know the diameter of the pulley on the blower side..

thanks guys

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Yup, you need to know what RPM’s the pump can handle, how fast the engine is running, and the size of the drive pulley on the engine.

Typically a small engine runs around 3300-3600 RPM’s. Most pumps will max out at either 1750 RPM’s or 3400RPM’s depending on the pump model.

If you can tell me the make and model of your pump I can find the speed it needs to run. Then if you measure the diameter of your engine drive pulley I can tell you the size pulley your pump will need.

Last edited:

Chappy12

Feb 7, 2020
Real Name
Stephen
So there are some pictures.

the shaft doesnt look good, last owner glued and had 2 hose clamps on ether side of the pulley. I hope i can get it repaired or do something... this has been a very expensive "cheap/budget" machine.