Spitfire 3.2 with 14 hp briggs stratton motor | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Spitfire 3.2 with 14 hp briggs stratton motor

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
Hi guys. I came across this truck mount for sale, but I wanted some input from pros on this. I currently run a portable, so I'm sure any truck mount would be an improvement in comparison, but I don't just want to throw money on something without doing some research.

This is the details in the guys ad:

Hydramaster Spitfire 3.2 Truck Mount Carpet Cleaner.

* 14 HP Briggs and Stratton Motor
* Just serviced.
* Newly rebuilt pump.
* New pressure regulator.
* New pressure gauge.
* Dual heat exchangers.

Included Are:

* Recovery tank.
* Hose Reel with about 200 ft of 1-1/2 vacuum hose
and pressure hose.
* Two jet wand.
* Stair and Upholstery tools.
* Electric Pump Sprayer.
* Battery.

Runs great. Gets really hot.

Asking $1900.00 O.B.O.

Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I ask for a lower price? I'm just nervous buying something used, and especially since the hours only reads 83... So should I assume it was rolled over?

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
You can’t really trust the hour meter!!!
Or that everything’s new/rebuilt
You need to see the machine working for a good while, not just that it runs and gets hot
Maybe clean his &/or your carpets
You have to consider the risk of failure and the waste of money, and the possible of repair costs and downtime

Can you afford to lose the money you pay for it?

Can you afford to throw another 3-4k on top of the price you pay to dig yourself out of the hole and repair the machine?

If you can afford the $5k risk, maybe it’s worth it?

If you have the 5k and your business is busy at the moment, maybe it would pay to finance a new TM?
Packages include reels/hose/wand etc

TimetoShine

Jul 26, 2020
Real Name
James Cannon
It's a tough decision. I'm still in my first year in business, so I'm still growing. Yes I do keep pretty busy, my portable has been awesome so far. I do feel like a truck mount I would be able to grow even more. I have been looking into the financing options, but you make a good point, I would definitely want to try it out for a good while. Put it to the test like I'm on a job.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
It's a tough decision. I'm still in my first year in business, so I'm still growing. Yes I do keep pretty busy, my portable has been awesome so far. I do feel like a truck mount I would be able to grow even more. I have been looking into the financing options, but you make a good point, I would definitely want to try it out for a good while. Put it to the test like I'm on a job.
Yeah it’s a tough decision
Can you spin a spanner? Are you going to be doing the maintenance and services yourself?
There’s always something with TMs
Porty’s have very little maintenance compared to TMs
Consider that too
You could always low ball him
Offer 800-1000 heck that’s not much to lose and having a porty as a backup means if it falls over you’re going to be ok either way

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Cant buy some portables for 1900, if it runs good pressures up and gets hot without a bunch of leaks and your ready to step up to a TM id buy it. Offer him 1500 just for shits and giggles, worst he could say is no.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I agree with the hour meter comment above, u can buy one with different hours on ebay for $10 so I wouldn't trust it.

I also have heard spitfire parts are hard to come by if u did have a problem