Spinner Tools

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Turbo Hybrid TH-40 nothing compares dont waste your money.

doesnt matter if its porty or TM the water recovery, vac relief, quality of the tool are unmatched
That's what you referring to , right?
I'm not going to argue with you, but SX-15 has pretty good vacuum relief and very adjustable..
I believe SX-15 used with powerful TM would get more use of vac relief compare with a portable unit. Regardless of equipment used, 2" tube certainly makes difference if there is plenty of sucking power available. I have restaurant tiles coming on Monday night, but I hate to use SX-15, because of its pristine condition.

Attachments

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That's what you referring to , right?
I'm not going to argue with you, but SX-15 has pretty good vacuum relief and very adjustable..
I believe SX-15 used with powerful TM would get more use of vac relief compare with a portable unit. Regardless of equipment used, 2" tube certainly makes difference if there is plenty of sucking power available. I have restaurant tiles coming on Monday night, but I hate to use SX-15, because of its pristine condition.
yes thats it but looks like a pretty old one. The last 2 pics look like a hydro force.

TH-40 is the original and the best one on the market

Reactions: PistolPete

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Buy the TH. And if you buy it from us you get a free on demand online course. And some Groutmaster too.

Reactions: lvtandg

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
So if you all had a portable extractor and had the choice between a Turbo Force Hybrid or a Hydra Force SX-15, which would you pick and why? I do mostly 95% commercial work.
The key advantage of the SX-15 is that it can clean a wider path and so has a higher production rate. Regardless of the tool or the manufacturer, it take more water volume and more vacuum to do an equal job on a larger space. So, if you have a pump that can produce the required water pressure and volume and if you have open space (commercial) to work in, the larger SX-15 will do a great job and get you done faster.

If you lack water volume, have limited vacuum, or are cleaning a smaller area with furnishings to maneuver around, then chose a 12" tool.

I like the SX-12, especially the recent redesign with many small improvements. But they may be hard to come by.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Buy the TH. And if you buy it from us you get a free on demand online course. And some Groutmaster too.
Or he can buy it from me for fraction of your price, let's say $200. He's going to end up with slightly battered tool, which after $66 investment is going to do the same thing like your fancy one. If that happens, I'll buy some GM and some other chemistry from you. I guess, I'm the only one om the forum who can get by without it. Shame on me. But I have to get stuff from my garage before winter, no matter what.
On the other hand, , I'm starting to believe that carpet cleaners are contractors with no extra money to spend. How else can be explained that by now I had all together about 1000 hits on my stuff advertised on Offer up and only low ballers are balking
( sorry, wrong term was used, Resellers is the right one). An example- SS upholstery and detailing 4 " tool, brand new , $40 is too high for some. Is 30% off not enough?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Turbo tool spinner is the best. I recently replaced the trigger and brush ring. I have a new flex hose coming on Monday.
The vacuum compensation valve works great, as well as the slider adjuster.
The water recovery is fantastic with my TM.
Floors dry very fast with a quick flat mop.
The mini turbo is perfect for small floors and showers.
I do only T&G cleaning & repairs.
Does the mini turbo have an extended (wand like) handle or is it hands and knees when using that for floors?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hands and knees if you use it on a floor.
On my last visit to HD, I found foam - gel infused kneepads. Cost is on higher side, but I'm willing sacrifice price for the quality in effort to protect my knees. I'm trying to find brand that is not making horrible noise while kneeling on laminate, wood or tiles. Do you have any suggestions?

lvtandg

KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning
Apr 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
www.lasvegastileandgroutcleaning.com
Real Name
Michael Marcus
Business Location
United States
I don't think there's any comparison, but honestly, I didn't try Mytee spinner yet. Even SX- 12 looks like a toy next to the SX-15. My oldest one( 10 years old) needs nothing, one got pressed against LG, so brush got burnt a little, but still active and I order wrong handle and pressure line for another Turbo. All 3 are 12".This is the new addition( SX-15) but if anyone from Chicagoland has $700 to invest, who Am I to argue...
I like 2" tube all the way...
Now, if anyone has a different spinner, this is the opportunity to show it off and/ or compare.
Do you know what makes sx12 or sx15 a problem? The vacuum and the "non" Teflon ring...using the brush you say? Cut your time in half with the Teflon ring only (especially on ceramic and porcelain tile) In 10,000 jobs @ approximately 1000 square feet of tile my average time setup to breakdown is 1.5 hours...Just about all residential in what I would call "newer homes" part of the country...

lvtandg

KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning
Apr 16, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
www.lasvegastileandgroutcleaning.com
Real Name
Michael Marcus
Business Location
United States
The key advantage of the SX-15 is that it can clean a wider path and so has a higher production rate. Regardless of the tool or the manufacturer, it take more water volume and more vacuum to do an equal job on a larger space. So, if you have a pump that can produce the required water pressure and volume and if you have open space (commercial) to work in, the larger SX-15 will do a great job and get you done faster.

If you lack water volume, have limited vacuum, or are cleaning a smaller area with furnishings to maneuver around, then chose a 12" tool.

I like the SX-12, especially the recent redesign with many small improvements. But they may be hard to come by.
Still, garbage...design stills sucks where the tool doesn't suck well...especially with brush rings and plastic...

Turbo Hybrid key ingredients are Vacuum Compensator and Teflon Ring...

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Do you know what makes sx12 or sx15 a problem? The vacuum and the "non" Teflon ring...using the brush you say? Cut your time in half with the Teflon ring only (especially on ceramic and porcelain tile) In 10,000 jobs @ approximately 1000 square feet of tile my average time setup to breakdown is 1.5 hours...Just about all residential in what I would call "newer homes" part of the country...
Thanks for the tip. 3 out of my 5 spinners have teflon ring. The oldest is AW -42. Doesn't have " looks " anymore, but somehow is my favorite one by far.
Hope that you will stick around for long time, majority of us offering variety services and some guys either hate or don't do tiles&grout at all, so we can use your input on some tough tile&grout