Spinner Tools | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Spinner Tools

Christopher Brown

Nov 2, 2014
Real Name
Christopher Brown
Time to upgrade my spinner tool that broke yesterday. I have been using a hydro force sx-15. Too big for residential imo. Thinking about the turbo force hybrid, hydro force sx-12 or the new evolution rx-12. What are your thoughts?

Aug 28, 2018
Real Name
Bruce wayne
I have all of them and the turbo hybrid is great
With my Everest the 15 @1200 psi on commercial is great
I hope the new rx12 is improved I already ordered it

onetwelve

Jul 9, 2015
Real Name
Edward Kim
What do you guys look for when comparing spinners? They all seem to offer similar things, but most people on this forum seem to prefer turbo force hybrid. I've also read not such great things about mytee's spinner, but it seems as though the majority are from the previous model. Anyone have any experience with the newer mytee spinner? I've used the turbo force hybrid a few times, but don't have anything to compare it to. The mytee is a bit cheaper, and if there isn't a big difference, would love to save some money.

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Turbo Hybrid is flat out the best... Mine has been running on almost 4 years and I just finally bought the first replacement part which was the trigger... Tile cleaning makes up about 70% of my business...

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have the new mytee spinner. Its decent. If I did tile every day I'd get another model. The hose with the cuff link things always comes undone. Besides that the spinner works well even with lower pressure, and the ergonomics are good for me.

Reactions: J20770

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Turbo tool spinner is the best. I recently replaced the trigger and brush ring. I have a new flex hose coming on Monday.
The vacuum compensation valve works great, as well as the slider adjuster.
The water recovery is fantastic with my TM.
Floors dry very fast with a quick flat mop.
The mini turbo is perfect for small floors and showers.
I do only T&G cleaning & repairs.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
What do you guys look for when comparing spinners? They all seem to offer similar things, but most people on this forum seem to prefer turbo force hybrid. I've also read not such great things about mytee's spinner, but it seems as though the majority are from the previous model. Anyone have any experience with the newer mytee spinner? I've used the turbo force hybrid a few times, but don't have anything to compare it to. The mytee is a bit cheaper, and if there isn't a big difference, would love to save some money.
I don't think there's any comparison, but honestly, I didn't try Mytee spinner yet. Even SX- 12 looks like a toy next to the SX-15. My oldest one( 10 years old) needs nothing, one got pressed against LG, so brush got burnt a little, but still active and I order wrong handle and pressure line for another Turbo. All 3 are 12".This is the new addition( SX-15) but if anyone from Chicagoland has $700 to invest, who Am I to argue...
I like 2" tube all the way...
Now, if anyone has a different spinner, this is the opportunity to show it off and/ or compare.

Attachments

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I am in need of a hard surface tool as well for tile and grout for restrooms and just regular Commercial offices. So looks like the SX-15 is the way to go? I have never owned any of these spinners so any help would be much appreciated (Will be using a portable if that helps)

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
15” is too big in my opinion. Especially with a porty.
And how many times have you used SX-15 with a portable, John? Especially, when portable in question is Edic Endeavour, extractor for the tile&grout. You're forgetting that unlike SX-12 or similar spiners with 1.5" tube, SX-15 is 2" all the way.
The fact that you're not helping is one thing, another is, you like to be instigator
( silent one) in threads when your competitors are getting bashed . So , I'm not going to lower myself to your level and start rant about one of your products, which I'm very qualified to do so.
Happy father's day, John

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I am in need of a hard surface tool as well for tile and grout for restrooms and just regular Commercial offices. So looks like the SX-15 is the way to go? I have never owned any of these spinners so any help would be much appreciated (Will be using a portable if that helps)
Well, as you gathered from my kind words exchange with John, your best option would be Mytee spinner. It's cheaper and probably would serve you the best.
Preferably, you should operate any spinner at higher psi than carpet cleaning extractor can produce. Some use 800-900 PSI, some like to blast tiles with a 1200. Will the arm with jets turn wildly at 500 PSI? The answer is no. With right chemistry, some scrubbing and using spinner's potential to rinse and extract, you'll achieve satisfactory results.
Good luck huntin'...

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
So if you all had a portable extractor and had the choice between a Turbo Force Hybrid or a Hydra Force SX-15, which would you pick and why? I do mostly 95% commercial work.

Last edited:

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So if you all had a portable extractor and had the choice between a Turbo Force Hybrid or a Hydra Force SX-15, which would you pick and why? I do mostly 95% commercial work.
It's hard for me to answer it. I've never used SX-15. I'm not sure if anyone used it with a portable, but if so, , it would be nice if they share experience with us.
I've done plenty of tiles with hydro- force 12" with good results. If you want to go economy way, I have one for you. Needs handle and solution line. I've order it, but got one for SX-12 instead. ( see picture).
If you're interested , you can have it for $150 plus shipping . Swivel, arm and jets are in good condition . You would have to invest around $90 to make it work. If you're interested , PM me. I set the low price to help you out, not because spinner is bad. I have 3 of them, not counting SX-15.
Your call...

Attachments