Speed cleaning vs other methods. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Speed cleaning vs other methods.

1987scs

Oct 13, 2014
Real Name
jerrell slay
Ive started a cleaning business serving offices and residents. Ive gotten more homes then offices and I've bought a couple books on how to clean homes and they all have their own way of cleaning. I just bout the speed cleaning book and i like it and their methods. But is the speed cleaning method a complete/thorough cleaning? Thanks

Reactions: Luky

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I don't do residential. I've never heard of the book, but I'll look it up. Thanks.
Your methods will be proven, or disproved by your customers. Communicate well with them and you will know how your doing. Can't please everyone, but it takes happy customers to pay the Bill's.

Reactions: rob allen

1987scs

Oct 13, 2014
Real Name
jerrell slay
Its a pretty clear book. It has 11 rules to follow to be efficient. I'm focusing on getting more accounts since I'm new I have to be a tab bit lower in the beginning and raise my prices when I have proven my business to be of quality

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
No two cleaners clean alike. I train top to bottom, left to right. I bid jobs high so my staff can clean correctly according to the actual needs of the client. Rarely do I bid a price that I’d have to “speed clean” If a client wont pay for a honest amount of work done correctly then I don’t accept the job. I like my staff to never feel like they work at Wal Mart where it’s profit over quality. My staff gets much paid well over the normal so they have incentive to produce the best results too.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Cleaning quickly doesn't always mean cutting corners. In our non medical janitorial jobs I teach them to clean what is dirty. No sense spending hours a week cleaning what hasn't got any use or dirt. At the same time they know that if something is dirty, they can't miss it. They can be efficient about carrying things, vacuum plug in places, etc.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I myself sure can be more efficient carrying things. I need a class on that! It’s always a hassle to load back up supplies after the jobs over. Takes me forever. How my wife does it quickly I still don’t get!

adrianasmith028

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Adriana Smith
You can’t train your staff in speed and efficiency until you master the thinking skills of how Speed Cleaning will impact your bottom line.

1987scs

Oct 13, 2014
Real Name
jerrell slay
Thank you all. Very good info to take into consideration. I do want quality being a priority. I also want efficient holding its hand lol.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Ive started a cleaning business serving offices and residents. Ive gotten more homes then offices and I've bought a couple books on how to clean homes and they all have their own way of cleaning. I just bout the speed cleaning book and i like it and their methods. But is the speed cleaning method a complete/thorough cleaning? Thanks
Just browse history, you'll learn everything about carpet cleaning within few hours.
Anybody can do it, so can you.
You will learn in stages about methods, chemistry, tools, marketing among other things. As far as speed cleaning goes, you can go trough 5 areas in 20 minutes, but ....

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Cleaning and janitorial is different ty han carpet cleaning. General cleaning and janitorial everybody is a critic. I used to manage a bank. Every morning employees would complain about the cleaning, and if something was missing it was always the cleaning crew stole it. I think it was because you don't see the cleaners face to face. We are not human. But carpet cleaning we see and talk to the customers. Even when it comes out so so they rave about us. It has nothing to do with the quality but our personalities with the customer.

Reactions: Smtwn janitorial

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I agree completely travis. I make it a point for my janitorial contracts to see my face almost weekly. I'm personable, and I work hard to make sure they are happy. I have a credit union as an account, and I bank there and make sure all the tellers are happy.

Reactions: 1987scs

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If you want something more systematic to build your business with look at the systems here on www.tmfacademy.com.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
fwiw I know a guy that owns a large home cleaning company here... ive heard their work is somewhat sub par from people who have used them.

but his company cleans 80 homes/ day, even he admits anyones grandma can spend hrs and clean better.. but thats not what he sells lol

business is business, this guy is absolutely killing it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
fwiw I know a guy that owns a large home cleaning company here... ive heard their work is somewhat sub par from people who have used them.

but his company cleans 80 homes/ day, even he admits anyones grandma can spend hrs and clean better.. but thats not what he sells lol

business is business, this guy is absolutely killing it.
Agree. SS is not trying be the best. Their goal is the biggest and most profitable. Goal accomplished so far.

Cherry

Jun 22, 2018
Real Name
Mary Cherry
Speed cleaning is not necessarily about being quicker, it is about becoming more efficient. It just happens that when you are more efficient, it is quicker. It is not about cutting corners, but working smarter, with proper tools and techniques. It is a perfect system, which is exactly what you need if you plan on training several employees. We follow the Speed Cleaning system, but we've tweaked it to our business.

LeeHCS

Jan 8, 2019
Real Name
Lee Harrington
You’ll pay the price for it .. quality service justifies quality pricing and ensures you maintain your name and your customers. Learn the best practices and become excellent at them, you’ll become much quicker anyway especially when the premises you look after are maintained that way you won’t have areas that are regularly overlooked and then become issues later.
We look after large commercials properties schools etc and trust me paying staff wages we look to save time, the only way is best practices, training and most efficient machines it’s that simple

Reactions: Mass-Steamer

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I had no idea, what you guys talking about, meaning speed cleaning, then I realized that I'm in jani thread... Y'all are referring to a Jeff Cambell system for the owners of the cleaning companies. Seems that Jeff is almost as resourceful as @ Rob Allen, he just forgot to charge accordingly.
Now, carry on, last thing I need, is to start something in janitorial industry. I have been asked once to clean bird crap in the house coinciding with a planned carpet cleaning. I had no idea what is going rate, so I asked for $600 on top of the carpet cleaning fee. Real estate company paid for it, but I felt that I gauge the price, so I gave them extra treatment, I moved washer and dryer and I took care of the mess underneath. It was speed cleaning, all right, I couldn't wait to clean carpeting and get out.